An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By MichaelM
Hi,

So I bought a M365 model scooter, everything works perfectly on it, connects to app perfectly, monitors speed, cruise control all that works, tops at about 15.7/16.0mph, I was looking online at how to mod the firmware on it to make it faster on acceleration, top speed, so in the app it shows the scooter is on firmware version 5.0.0, but everyone online says theres is 1.5.1, around there, so trying to figure out what's up here because cant find anyone on that version, I tried flashing various files, either shows encrypted file needed, or goes 0%, then retry and nothing happens, I have photos attached of all info on the scooter and flash logs. Any light on the subject is appreciated, I saw it might be a counterfeit bluetooth dashboard, but everything works perfectly through the app, so would a fake do that?

any help is appreciated.
By MichaelM
Update, so took it apart, appears it is indeed a fake board, took it out, looks like this:
It has all the ninebot wording, but opon research, found another person saying the same thing, it shows version 5.0.0 (which doesn't exist), and won't flash, it is one of the better fakes so allows connecting to app and everything, just won't flash, here's a picture I found of a real one, you can see the word "ninebot" text comparison of the real vs fake:

Going to try to get a OEM board and should be good.
By Freebird
Clone dashboards won't update firmware. However, the OEM will update the firmware and whatever custom firmware settings will stick after you put the clone back in.
By NomadMech
Should be able to flash the clone dash with OEM firmware and will be full function. The purple dash are the only ones I know of that can't be altered to be fully functional.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?