An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
I am working on a custom project where I need to route the wiring out the other side of the wheel, necessitating mounting it backwards. Can I swap the phase wires to reverse the rotation? If so, which ones...and do I need to do anything else? Thanks. Photos will be forthcoming once I get this, and a couple other things, sorted out.
M365 motor has 27 coils and 30 magnets and a wave-style coil wiring, however, as a black box, it can be modelled as a standard 3-phase BLDC motor with coils shifted 120 degree from each other and 3 hall sensors around one coil, placed -60, 0 and +60 degree from the coil.
If you swap the SAME wires on both the motor and the sensor (eg. green and yellow), the motor will rotate in the original direction, but will be weak and noisy. This is because the original 60 degree phase shift between the appropriate coil and sensor now will become 300 degree. (Actually , it will be less because of the wave wiring, but lets skip the actual details, focus on the simplified pure theory instead for now.) So you have to shift the sensor wires by one in the right direction to make -60 phase shift back to 60 for the new, opposite rotation direction. And guess what? By shifting one, you will place either green or yellow back to its original place (depending on into which direction you shift the hall wires) so the net effect will be if you switched any OTHER combination than the ones on the coils.
Long story short: if you switch YG on the coils, switch either BG or BY on the sensor - one of them will work depending on the original phase direction. (Whether it was BGY or YGB.)
Jakab Gipsz wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:02 am
M365 motor has 27 coils and 30 magnets and a wave-style coil wiring, however, as a black box, it can be modelled as a standard 3-phase BLDC motor with coils shifted 120 degree from each other and 3 hall sensors around one coil, placed -60, 0 and +60 degree from the coil.
If you swap the SAME wires on both the motor and the sensor (eg. green and yellow), the motor will rotate in the original direction, but will be weak and noisy. This is because the original 60 degree phase shift between the appropriate coil and sensor now will become 300 degree. (Actually , it will be less because of the wave wiring, but lets skip the actual details, focus on the simplified pure theory instead for now.) So you have to shift the sensor wires by one in the right direction to make -60 phase shift back to 60 for the new, opposite rotation direction. And guess what? By shifting one, you will place either green or yellow back to its original place (depending on into which direction you shift the hall wires) so the net effect will be if you switched any OTHER combination than the ones on the coils.
Long story short: if you switch YG on the coils, switch either BG or BY on the sensor - one of them will work depending on the original phase direction. (Whether it was BGY or YGB.)
Hey any idea what wires i have to swap to get the motor working perfect if i rotate the stator so the wires exit on the opposite side ? Thanks in advance.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]