An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
I just found this amazing thread. So many great information! I recently won a storage auction and a bird scooter (M365) was part of it. It didn't turn on and the top GPS part was all smashed up. But when I took that apart, all the wires inside were all intact. So I bought a charger and a circuit board on eBay and started to convert it. The charging took three hours but the conversion only took 5 minutes! It rides like a normal scooter. But it does have a minor problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

I just read this entire thread and it seems like no one has this problem yet!
The throttle works fine. I can change it from eco mode to standard mode & I can syn it with the MI app. But when I push the button to turn ON the lights, it powers off the scooter! and the lights stays on. And when I push the button to turn OFF the light, the scooter turns back on again.

So far I disconnect/reconnect the battery, check every cable for damage, update the firmware via the MI app. Even reset battery BMS button. Nothing helps.
Does anybody know what causes this? It will be great to have the built-in lights working so I can ride it at night. Thanks!
Vinnie007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:27 am
I just found this amazing thread. So many great information! I recently won a storage auction and a bird scooter (M365) was part of it. It didn't turn on and the top GPS part was all smashed up. But when I took that apart, all the wires inside were all intact. So I bought a charger and a circuit board on eBay and started to convert it. The charging took three hours but the conversion only took 5 minutes! It rides like a normal scooter. But it does have a minor problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

The throttle works fine. I can change it from eco mode to standard mode & I can syn it with the MI app. But when I push the button to turn ON the lights, it powers off the scooter! and the lights stays on. And when I push the button to turn OFF the light, the scooter turns back on again.

So far I disconnect/reconnect the battery, check every cable for damage, update the firmware via the MI app. Even reset battery BMS button. Nothing helps.
Does anybody know what causes this? It will be great to have the built-in lights working so I can ride it at night. Thanks!
Hey, sorry to hear about your problem. I’m having the same problem and I don’t know how to fix it. Also, do you know if there is a gps in the lower brain of the bird M365?
Yucky1 wrote: Hey, sorry to hear about your problem. I’m having the same problem and I don’t know how to fix it. Also, do you know if there is a gps in the lower brain of the bird M365?
Hey. I don't believe there is a GPS unit on the bottom portion of the scooter. My cell can detect the GPS on the new circuit board that I got on eBay. When I unplugged the circuit board, my cell can not detect the scooter at all so I believe that's the only GPS unit that's on the scooter.
Vinnie007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Hey. I don't believe there is a GPS unit on the bottom portion of the scooter. My cell can detect the GPS on the new circuit board that I got on eBay. When I unplugged the circuit board, my cell can not detect the scooter at all so I believe that's the only GPS unit that's on the scooter.
You don't understand the difference between GPS and Bluetooth.
Imagineman wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 pm
James007 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Heads up, this isn't plug n' play 4 us.
Why won't this work?
Let me explain the birds and the bees to you:
2 men don't make a baby. You need one male and one female.
Your ebay hinge is male, the shared scooter pole is male. The original xiaomi pole is female. The male goes in the female...
Good luck getting them to mate! (no pun intended)
Vinnie007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:27 am

@Vinnie007 What is the circuit board? the one on the top of Scooters. whatsapp 5513988770716
So I have a question. The hinge for sale on ebay and other places without the pole will not work on a Bird pole? What does that hinge go on then? It is sold on a lot of places as a M365 hinge! Does bird change the pole? Is the only difference that the Bird pole has a "male" bottom, not a 'female"? If so, can the bottom of a Bird pole just be cut off to fit over the "male" part on that hinge? Anyone have photos of the bird pole base, and differences of it verses one that comes with hinge and pole as one? I am a welder/fabricator so if its as simple as cutting the pole and maybe drilling a couple holes, might be worth it! One of the birds i got from an auction is pretty loose at the steering collar (maybe bearings bad) and is pretty beat up so i was going to use as a parts scooter anyway, maybe i will start experimenting a little?
James007 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:12 pm
Imagineman wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 pm
James007 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Heads up, this isn't plug n' play 4 us.
Why won't this work?
Let me explain the birds and the bees to you:
2 men don't make a baby. You need one male and one female.
Your ebay hinge is male, the shared scooter pole is male. The original xiaomi pole is female. The male goes in the female...
Good luck getting them to mate! (no pun intended)
Yeah, that's what was unclear. How does the pole connect to the hinge? Does it screw in? I don't want to drill out the rivet on mine without having the hardware, just to see how it fits together.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]