An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Mila nola wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:52 am
Does this look genuine?

US $32.56 30%OFF | Original Xiaomi Mijia M365 Mi Electric Scooter Dashboard Bluetooth BT Instrument Circuit Board Mainboard Controller Accessories
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/eDIeUrQ
Yes, those are original pictures but Aliexpress is notorious for bait and switch. Pick a good seller!!! Check their feedback and photos of what people received.
Hey guys. I got a used m365 that seems to have clone boards. My m365 only goes ~9.5mph/~15kmh... Pretty damn slow. Is there any way that a clone board can cause this? Battery does not seem to be an issue (charges full, voltages appear to be OK) so I'm trying to narrow down the cause of the issue...
Mila nola wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:49 am
Will this work on an ex bird? Or do I have to get the entire pole?

US $18.65 20%OFF | Complete Folding System Folding Assembly Folding Pole Base For Xiaomi Mijia M365 Electric Scooter Parts
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/S64txBK
There are a lot of people already discussing this in the thread... go back and read......
So I had previously converted a scooter. Works perfectly fine, used an OEM board to make sure. However, in an experiment, I took my full handlebar assembly and plugged it into an m365 on the street and the scooter completely took over my board. It would not allow me it power it off, and it beeped on every movement, just like a service bird, or the old bluetooth m365 they used. When looking at the board next to the battery, the board is still active when unplugged from the main circuit board. When looking at my lower circuit board, when unplugged, it is not active. I was told by a bird employee that they had other tracking.

Basically, has anyone seen this before? Any ideas why it didn't work?
For other tracking components to be available I'm guessing there should be another sim card and modem and a GPS chip, pretty big package to hide on a tiny scooter. Though I'd love to know if someone ever took the bird completely apart to know for sure...
Jcadd7 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:29 pm
So I had previously converted a scooter. Works perfectly fine, used an OEM board to make sure. However, in an experiment, I took my full handlebar assembly and plugged it into an m365 on the street and the scooter completely took over my board. It would not allow me it power it off, and it beeped on every movement, just like a service bird, or the old bluetooth m365 they used. When looking at the board next to the battery, the board is still active when unplugged from the main circuit board. When looking at my lower circuit board, when unplugged, it is not active. I was told by a bird employee that they had other tracking.

Basically, has anyone seen this before? Any ideas why it didn't work?
What I think happened was you connected your handlebar to a scooter that was on and locked. When you disconnect the brain or the dashboard circuit board, it doesn’t change the lock status of the scooter. When a scooter is locked, it will be locked with it’s power on and pressing the power button has no effect. That is why the controller next to the battery was still on even with the brain or dashboard was unplugged. Yours powered off because it was not locked at the time you disconnected your handlebar. When locked, it will beep and use it’s motor to resist being pushed until either the brain receives a signal to unlock or the you you connect via Bluetooth to the circuitboard in your handlebar and send it an unlock signal. M365tools on Android will lock and unlock any m365 with a clone or oem circuitboard/dashboard installed. I think it will also unlock itself after 3 hours with a oem or clone dashboard, but it’s simple as tapping your screen in the app. If you disconnect the battery for 30 seconds it should also clear the lock.

Bird could track the location of converted scooters using several methods that do not require any gps or cell connection. None of these methods is difficult but as far as I know they have only thought of using Bluetooth to locate hoarded birds.
Mila nola wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:35 am
For other tracking components to be available I'm guessing there should be another sim card and modem and a GPS chip, pretty big package to hide on a tiny scooter. Though I'd love to know if someone ever took the bird completely apart to know for sure...
So far as I have seen, on Bird’s M365 there are no modems or gps chips outside of the brain. The M365 has plenty of hiding spaces for all sorts of stuff but they get ridden into the ground fast enough that a second gps and cellular modem wouldn’t be worth the additional cost and complexity when they still have Bluetooth.
For the below 3 quoted people, you guys are basically reporting this issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbmKsXrLog

Basically, scooter works fine if light off. If light on, motor doesn't move at all, and tail light flashes.

The cause is a defective bottom control board (the blue board in a clear plastic shell at bottom next to battery). The fix is to replace the board, costs about $30 on ebay.

I've confirmed it's the board by trying out an entirely different battery pack, a different headlight, different top handlebar entirely. And by swapping out the board. The defective board will make any other M365 have the same issue. And replacing the board fixes the issue.

You can find them on ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=m3 ... 20circuit)
mikebsf wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:01 pm
any reason why i can't use my headlight while riding the scooter at the same time? turn the headlight on while in motion and the motor shuts off. turn it on while stationary, and it won't run, the rear light flashes.
i am using a fake board, blue (ninebot logo isn't like the real one). The mi home app does recognize and i have full app function. i think it is flashed with the real board FW. thanks
Yucky1 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:40 am
Hey, sorry to hear about your problem. I’m having the same problem and I don’t know how to fix it. Also, do you know if there is a gps in the lower brain of the bird M365?
Vinnie007 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:27 am
The throttle works fine. I can change it from eco mode to standard mode & I can syn it with the MI app. But when I push the button to turn ON the lights, it powers off the scooter! and the lights stays on. And when I push the button to turn OFF the light, the scooter turns back on again.
Plug and play version, for lime ninebot and bird m365, probably the same either way, but these were the ones I could find to test it on.
All you need is
1 set of security hex bits
https://m.harborfreight.com/33-pc-secur ... gle.com%2F

For the ninebot you need this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MC ... UTF8&psc=1

For the m365 you need
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EEEkit-Circu ... /103438784

Both are about $25 it takes about 30 minutes to do the ninebot, because it's harder to clear all the crap or of it, I recommend some sandpaper and a can of flat black spray paint and it's brand new, if you want the folding pole

M365
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Pole-B ... 0uV_NdHK4Q

I haven't tried to ninebot folding conversion but I think so you need is
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Mechan ... 1ccfe921ce

Note: I'm not responsible for anything you do with this info, what you do is on you. To conclude this post, the green line gps box I can just rip off with one hand, maybe bring a heavy duty flat head screw driver to pry it off, but don't bring that home with you. And the m365 you need a small hex head probably a t6,or t7, or t8 (it's in the security bits I recommended earlier, also there is a screw that isn't in that kit, use the square head instead of the hex it works and a small Phillips to remove all of it.

Happy birthday hunting.

If anyone's interested in a purchase a custom scooter pm me, options include dual motor, 8.5" front wheel, 8" rear motor with brake drum, headlight and break light, m365 or ninebot main controller. dual batteries, one in the deck and one in the neck, with the external secondary battery option, and even a third battery (a second deck added in to it the first deck you ride a little higher but your capacity and distance is greatly helped.. the dual motors have no problem going up hill, and I can power one of the motors with up to 600w controller. Each motor has a it's own throttle, you choose twist, thumb, back foot peddle, or hand throttle. Along with a key added to kill power.. base scooters are $200 and each option raises the price, %50 down and scooters can take up to 1 month depending on options and speed of shipping.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]