An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Are there any hidden ways for Bird or Lyft to track these specific Xiaomi M365 scooters?

Does unplugging both the power to the main circuit board and the battery on the back of circuit board for the Bird brain and the main power for the Lyft brain completely remove its tracking ability?

Are there any hidden RFID tags anyone has come across?
So, recently acquired a Bird with its Brain Stem chopped clean, so that's going to be a fun replacement.

So, clone boards will work passively (on, off, eco, headlight, app) but not with firmware updates?

Is there danger in trying to change the firmware with the m365 patched tool? or is there a better app for Android? Easy way to tell a clone board?

I hear Lyft units blow stuff up. Is this just Lyft models? Or is there something I should watch out for?

Also, is there a Telegram group for all this?
PixelPerfect wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:47 pm
So, it looks like someone not only cut the main brain cable going out of the scooter, but somehow they got in and cut the damn cables inside the head.
Look further down the mast. You should find a circular connector.
Thats what the Xiaomi Dashboard plugs into.
Ben J wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:54 pm
PixelPerfect wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:47 pm
So, it looks like someone not only cut the main brain cable going out of the scooter, but somehow they got in and cut the damn cables inside the head.
Look further down the mast. You should find a circular connector.
Thats what the Xiaomi Dashboard plugs into.
Yeah, but aren't the white connectors supposed to lead to the throttle, brake, and light?
PixelPerfect wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:35 pm
So, recently acquired a Bird with its Brain Stem chopped clean, so that's going to be a fun replacement.

So, clone boards will work passively (on, off, eco, headlight, app) but not with firmware updates?

Is there danger in trying to change the firmware with the m365 patched tool? or is there a better app for Android? Easy way to tell a clone board?

I hear Lyft units blow stuff up. Is this just Lyft models? Or is there something I should watch out for?

Also, is there a Telegram group for all this?
Super sad right now. I was prepared to replace the main lead down from the brain, but it turns out that I'm actually going to have to solder the damn motor line back on, as THAT is what is cut, right where the cable meets the cover. Hopefully, I can just solder it back together and cover it with the plastic, hiding any repair. I really don't want to have to replace the hub
HI everybody !
I've read all this thread and I can't find a solution to my problem as follow :
I have a M365 with a new fake electric board. It connects to the Mi Home app. but the second page of the app. shows a lock and -> engine is locked (my translation for "le moteur est vérouillé" - yes i'm french) and the M365 do not move.

Is there a way to remove the lock in order to use the M365 ? I tried to unplug the battery, used other apps, M365Plus, Fireplus DarknessBot, Segway-Ninebot. All these apps either do not have the unlock feature or and not compatibles. My phone is iOS and I can not use Android App M365_freebox (I tried it from a friend - but the FW was not the right one.)
Voila ! Any hints to removed this lock ?
Thanks in advance.
dorcia wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am
HI everybody !
I have a M365 with a new fake electric board. It connects to the Mi Home app. but the second page of the app. shows a lock and -> engine is locked (my translation for "le moteur est vérouillé" - yes i'm french) and the M365 do not move.

Is there a way to remove the lock in order to use the M365 ? I tried to unplug the battery, used other apps, M365Plus, Fireplus DarknessBot, Segway-Ninebot. All these apps either do not have the unlock feature or and not compatibles. My phone is iOS and I can not use Android App M365_freebox (I tried it from a friend - but the FW was not the right one.)
Thanks in advance.
Whats an electric board? circuit board? control board? controller, dashboard? The lock is in the motor controller.
James007 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm
dorcia wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am
HI everybody !

Thanks in advance.
Whats an electric board? circuit board? control board? controller, dashboard? The lock is in the motor controller.
Thanks for your reply.
I changed the dashboard like that one :
If the lock is in the motor controller, is there anyway to remove it ? Does fw change can help ?

Thanks in advance for your help & reply.

EDIT : I tried the M365_downG app.
It connected to the scoot and check ver indicated BMS ver:-10201 BLE (same) DRV ver:500 encoded file needed!!!
I dl a fw from botox 1.40 and also 1.38 (2 firmwares in each zip: 1 firm.bin, the other firm.bin.enc (encoded) )
after 0%, 1% result is : cancelled due to retry
Is there something wrong I did ?
Hello,
normally you should only have to change the dashboard (tried on 3 differents M365).

I had issue with trottle for one (scooter does not accelerate) and the dashboard was the source of issue. Changing it solved the problem.

Did you try to swap to the left to unlock M365 when you are on main mi home screen ?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]