An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
So a rage inducing problem has started happening lately on my scooter.
Sometimes (Not always, but like 80% of the time), when I want to turn on my scooter, I can't. The scooter doesn't react.
It works after I plug the charger in for half a second though.. After it lights up like it used to in the good old days.
Of course, there are some moments where I can't plug my scooter so I'm stuck with a lifeless, fully charged scooter which has a tendency to make my hemorrhoids worsen.

But yesterday I wasn't even to charge up my scooter (light remained green on the charger). So I was brave enough to inspect inside the scooter today, I. unplugged stuff, plugged back stuff, looked into resetting the bms, and was able to charge it.
So now I think I can see there is a problem with the BMS.
When unplugged, when I turn off the scooter, the BMS flashes red and then die down, it's then impossible to light up the scooter.

I seem to manage to turn on the scooter only by resetting the BMS by clicking on the button and at the same time turning on the scooter.

Model: I don't really know, bought it second hand, all I can say is that it's old and that there are only 4 leds on top to remind me how bad my battery is.

PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS!
Vincent Brisse wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:37 am
Sometimes (Not always, but like 80% of the time), when I want to turn on my scooter, I can't. The scooter doesn't react.
It works after I plug the charger in for half a second though.. After it lights up like it used to in the good old days.
Of course, there are some moments where I can't plug my scooter so I'm stuck with a lifeless, fully charged scooter which has a tendency to make my hemorrhoids worsen.

But yesterday I wasn't even to charge up my scooter (light remained green on the charger). So I was brave enough to inspect inside the scooter today, I. unplugged stuff, plugged back stuff, looked into resetting the bms, and was able to charge it.
When unplugged, when I turn off the scooter, the BMS flashes red and then die down, it's then impossible to light up the scooter.

I seem to manage to turn on the scooter only by resetting the BMS by clicking on the button and at the same time turning on the scooter.

Model: I don't really know, bought it second hand, all I can say is that it's old and that there are only 4 leds on top to remind me how bad my battery is.

PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS!
yes it is deff a problem with your battery voltages .what i advise is when you get it to power on
using one of many apps connect to your scooter and go into battery tab you should see one of
the 5 banks has a lower voltage to the rest each bank is only 3-7 4-2v you can use usb voltage
to even up the lower bank one way to do it is flash a custom firmware that allows scooter to stay on while locked then lock the scooter when connected so you can monitor the battery without scooter powering off .i have had great sucsess using this method or alternate option is disconnect the bms board then charge the battery direct from the main plus minus until fully charged then reconnect bms and see if it is fixed there is a device called 365 battery acivator on ebay but its only really same as second method but you can see the process ......
Hey. I'm currently facing the same issue.
I have a Xiaomi M365 and at times it just turns off and won't turn on unless I connect the charger.

I'm pretty new to the whole scooter scene. So, if someone could explain in simpler terms on what to do to fix this, it would be so amazing.

Thank you so much. Cheers.
Very good advice above here. It is very common. I've repaired 100s of hoverboards and electric scooters in my days and this is quite a common issue. Usually it is paired with bad maintenance of battery by costumer, could be left standing with low charge for a long time or in low/high temperature which results in deterioration of the cells. One or a few cells lose more than the others.
Connecting the charger resets it and you're able to start. But if you go up a hill once battery drops lower it can just automatically shut off and wont turn on until you connect the charger again. Please try the above mentioned advice and you should see yourself scooting in no time.
maxpower wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:40 pm
Vincent Brisse wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:37 am

PLEASE HELP ME FRIENDS!
yes it is deff a problem with your battery voltages .what i advise is when you get it to power on
using one of many apps connect to your scooter and go into battery tab you should see one of
the 5 banks has a lower voltage to the rest each bank is only 3-7 4-2v you can use usb voltage
to even up the lower bank one way to do it is flash a custom firmware that allows scooter to stay on while locked then lock the scooter when connected so you can monitor the battery without scooter powering off .i have had great sucsess using this method or alternate option is disconnect the bms board then charge the battery direct from the main plus minus until fully charged then reconnect bms and see if it is fixed there is a device called 365 battery acivator on ebay but its only really same as second method but you can see the process ......
Hello and sorry for bothering you. I have the same issue with my scooter and there's is no other help on line for this problem. Can you please make a small step-by-step tutorial with text, apps used, video or images?
Thank you so much for your time
Hello. Can you please make a small step-by-step tutorial with text, video or images? I've searched and searched on-line and you seem to be the only one addressing to this issue. I just don't understand how to fix it. Please help and than very much.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]