An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By TJSplash
I am looking at 2 thousand watt controllers today. La definitely gave me the confidence I need to hook them up. The interesting thing will be to see if I even need the M365 circuit board with the new controller. I am looking at picking up an LCD display as well, I just need to find it adequately priced one. I'm on eBay right now haggling with a guy for two controllers. I have got him down to $27 per can but I am still trying to drive him to a round 24 or $25. He was originally asking for I believe 35 each.
By 365GUY
So zero motor running on a 1000 watt controller,
How are your 3 batteries setup ? And why 3 ?
What is the 3rd battery doing ?
By TJSplash
The third battery was going to be used for the LED lights that I have coming in today from Amazon. In reality I'm probably going to end up using something lighter weight that would take up less space.
By galstaf
Hey Chaps.... reading the thread with interest.

I have been looking at the Jump bike removable batteries. They are a pretty good size and rated at 36V so I was looking at what it would take to wire 2 of these together to make a 72V pack to power a 72V ebike build. I will attach a photo as I don't see much info on them on the forum (I know this is not exactly a scooter.. but oh well ;-) )

From what I have read the built in BMS's on each of these may have a sh*t fit if you try to wire them together... so have any of you built a higher voltage pack and how did you handle charging it? Is there a way to retain the stock BMS's somehow, or would I need to scrap them and figure out something else?

I am also looking at wiring 2 x the M365 packs together to make an 84V pack to act as a supplementary battery for a Kobalt 80V electric chainsaw. It has an 80V battery but it is only good for about 15minutes of moderate use.
Same issue... I am a novice with the battery/BMS stuff and would love some guidance on how to wire these up and how to charge them... could I use two bird chargers still or would I need to get an 84V charger?

Could anyone recommend a good source of education on this stuff on Youtube. There are a lot of idiots on there... I need someone that is good at explaining this stuff and really knows their sht. Please share your findings... and of course I will post my results when I get something worth sharing. 8-)
By galstaf
Ooops.. forgot the pic... this is a Jump battery if you have never pulled one. Not sure of the capacity.. it doesn't really say and I couldn't find anything googling the company. I would say it is about the size of a zero battery so perhaps similar capacity but lower voltage.
By TJSplash
galstaf wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:47 pm
Ooops.. forgot the pic... this is a Jump battery if you have never pulled one. Not sure of the capacity.. it doesn't really say and I couldn't find anything googling the company. I would say it is about the size of a zero battery so perhaps similar capacity but lower voltage.
I've always been interested in their batteries, I think its interesting how it does give a standard current. Have you opened it up yet?
By galstaf
TJSplash wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 pm
I will take more detailed pictures when I get back home, I just did a y method from the actual controller for both be throttle and the brakes. The only drawback I've come across is that when you turn on one of the circuit boards for the double wheel system they both automatically turn on. If you want to turn both off you have to press the buttons at the same exact time, otherwise you will constantly be booting one up when you try to turn one of them off. I just put on my external battery rig, but for some reason the Dual system stopped working so I need to troubleshoot it when I get home. It added a crazy amount of weight though, so I'm probably going to have to see what I can strip down to remove some of the excess weight.

365Guy, how did you remove the zero battery from the casing? I had to completely Crush one of them in a vise to open it up to expose the battery, I remove the additional screws that were throughout the battery itself, but for some reason I still cannot pry it out of the casing. Any recommendations?
Somehow I missed the first page of this topic... I have done this and used one stock Bluetooth module to control 3 x M365 controllers and wheels. It does work as long as you don't confuse it by trying to view any data with a mobile phone. It is getting readings from 3 controllers and 3 BMS's and then the whole thing sh*ts the bed and you have to power off everything by unplugging all the batteries.
As you mentioned, you also cannot power it off... it just comes back on again on it's own. I fixed this by wiring a manual switch to cut the power from all the batteries off completely ... kinda caveman, but it does work. Hope that helps!

By 365GUY
What exactly do you have there with 3 motors connected together?
As far as the batteries go there are a few different options you could go with. Let me put some thought into it once I get some sleep🛴

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]