An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Hey guys, first post here but have been lurking for a while.

As the title says, I have been using a Bird Zero wheel successfully for over a month when suddenly this happened. I think it was because it overcharged a bit. M365tools said it was at 100% but it kept charging so I let it, but custom firmware may have allowed it to go too far. I rode it right after and that combined with the ride overheated the mainboard and did what you see here:

It suddenly died while riding and now applies the brake with the throttle. Another user had this same exact experience with a zero wheel but that happened immediately.

The actual components of the board look completely fine so I will attempt to fix it with a jumper wire, which may also strengthen the connection better than factory. If I am unable to repair it, does someone have a spare? I don't trust the knockoff boards on ebay using a Zero wheel. Thanks.
Mattr567 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:42 pm
James007 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm
What was your motor constant?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 92641.html
Thanks for the link, that's a reasonable price!

What do you mean by constant?
Motor power constant
So I got all the traces fixed up and reinforced - to no success. The scooter instantly shuts off when you apply any amount of throttle. Something else must be fried on it.

Solder job turned out nice tho :)

Also for those swapping a Zero wheel, since the wiring comes out the other side, I took the stem off and flipped the fork around so the wire protector is on the correct side - the sides do not mount/fit the same. Simply not running one is dangerous as after enough drops the wiring will become exposed and short on one another right at the nut.

Interesting observations. I might try to re-enforce my boards ahead of time to prevent this.
Also, I saw another user ask...what was the power constant set at...like the number in the custom firmware. Were you using CFW, CFWW, your own custom program???? And if so what number was the motor power constant set at? 25787? 31000? It would be close to those numbers.
Also, were you over volted or just running a standard battery.

For all of us out here customizing and hotrodding these things, this information is very useful. Also, we can see if more guys share experience this issue or if its isolated to only a few scooters, Anyways thanks for posting it.

And for the record Im at 2 months of near daily use with my dual motor(zero rear /stock motor front) M365. I overvolted the sh*t out of it a month ago as well. It runs great for me.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:45 pm
Interesting observations. I might try to re-enforce my boards ahead of time to prevent this.
Also, I saw another user ask...what was the power constant set at...like the number in the custom firmware. Were you using CFW, CFWW, your own custom program???? And if so what number was the motor power constant set at? 25787? 31000? It would be close to those numbers.

For all of us out here customizing and hotrodding these things, this information is very useful. Also, we can see if more guys share experience this issue or if its isolated to only a few scooters, Anyways thanks for posting it.

And for the record Im at 2 months of near daily use with my dual motor(zero rear /stock motor front) M365. I overvolted the sh*t out of it a month ago as well. It runs great for me.
Ahh, I understand now, sorry for being new lol. 25787 aka CFW 2.0 spec. My "custom" firmware is basically CFW 2.0 settings with all speed limiters removed so I could see how fast it could go. Really nothing special!

Not overvolted at all, using the standard battery. I just slapped in the Zero motor and flashed firmware with the aforementioned settings.

My goal with it is to stay single front zero with a giant battery for great range. At least to me, dual motor is really neat and a fun project but not super practical for day to day use as its double the power draw and you can't lock it with a normal bike lock :lol: 25mph on a single motor is already scary enough haha! I use mine at my college to get groceries and such.

Also: Are the purple pcb "knock off" mainboards any good? I read a thread somewhere here at least for the purple pcb "brain" circuit boards, they were actually better than OEM for hotrodding.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Those two wheels are way off in dia/circ. that HAS to ride like total sh*t! Why? Pneumatic up front and solid rear? Why? I can't think of any benefit to doing this and how exactly did you overvolt your 365? Baud rate would allow for more capacity but not voltage. Sounds like someone is weaving some tall tales. Sometimes it's much better to sit back and observe than to "contribute" . That's my recommendation here, makes no sense. Def not something to brag about even if it did. I've since moved on from this group as it is a bit remedial, but this is almost of handicapped proportion. Not going to review your prior posts, IDC that much but would advise anyone looking for sound advice or ideas NOT follow this tool. He's either trolling or clueless, either way, agitated me enough to break my hiatus. I would ask for vids as proof but I already know better. Also, for those of you looking for a viable option to run a pneumatic(air) tire, specifically the 8.5" on the 365 in conjunction with the zero motor, I assure it is possible(done it) buy you must be more creative than this. Just because you haven't heard of someone doing it before you doesn't make it creative, being creative means testing and trying things for yourself, taking what you learn and run with it. if you are too lazy to do this then you don't deserve the results. I will tell you this if you follow the advice of op in this post you will NOT achieve your goal. A crucial bit of advice was incorrectly stated from the beginning and is keeping anyone who took it for truth and their thoughts firmly planted well within the box. Now, if you'll excuse me, this has motivated me to get back to work.. currently trying to break the 30MPH mark using only stock parts that are readily available w/o cost. Not far off, just checked in here to see if anyone was nipping at my heels.. guess not lol :x
Omg.. small man complex or just a f**king huge bag ?
You are probably a little boy who knows very few people that can tolerate your personality.
Please do us a favor and take your stolen scooter and your creative approach to doing things over to your boyfriends house so he can stroke you off.. I mean your ego .. what were you thinking??
Mo

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]