An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By TJSplash
I currently have an M365 that I am attempting to add an extended battery to. I have tried using stock M365 batteries as the extended one without success, I have tried using a bird zero battery with slightly better results. My main problem is that the second battery will begin to charge the first battery when I come to a stop while driving. Does anyone know how to rectify the solution? I have tried doing the custom firmware so it will not go into charging mode, but it is not working out for me. I'm currently using BMS 107, could this be the problem? I would love to hear some feedback, as well as your own Solutions and Battery setups
By hlopez
TJSplash wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:50 pm
I currently have an M365 that I am attempting to add an extended battery to. I have tried using stock M365 batteries as the extended one without success, I have tried using a bird zero battery with slightly better results. My main problem is that the second battery will begin to charge the first battery when I come to a stop while driving. Does anyone know how to rectify the solution? I have tried doing the custom firmware so it will not go into charging mode, but it is not working out for me. I'm currently using BMS 107, could this be the problem? I would love to hear some feedback, as well as your own Solutions and Battery setups
Medium: Installing additional battery upgrade on Xiaomi Mijia M365
https://medium.com/@andriiliakh/install ... 782f3b75b0
Here is a link to an article about adding an additional battery. I have not read the entire article or tried out the process myself. That said. I will update this thread once I add an additional battery to my 365. Going to be a couple weeks I'm waiting for my replacement circuit boards to come from China. I picked up some impounded/ vandalized/ abandoned scooters in VA Beach area for next to nothing. going to modify a couple for e and the kiddo then sell a cpl to hook some peeps up in the DMV. TBC.

https://medium.com/@andriiliakh/install ... 782f3b75b0
At the moment I'm using bird zero batteries, but that method will work because the BMS on each battery pack will level everything out and make sure it's not overcharged. You just need to make sure to use the inline fuse

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]