An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By TJSplash
I recently found out that attaching the ninebot es2 electric regain break will work for the M365. I have a two wheeler custom that I built for myself and have found that using the electric brake on both actually slows down the scooter just as fast if not faster than the original hand brake. For all of you are looking to do A2 Hub system, this might be your best bet. I have no idea if this information is already out there, but I gave it a shot the other night and I will be posting pictures of the final product once it looks nice.
By 365GUY
I assume you mean you have a two motor setup?
How did you wire both brakes to one control, or do you have two brake levers ?
I have mine hooked up to the brake lever without a brake cable, just the 3 wires and it works pretty good. Although I wanna hook up both front and back motors to the brakes but I don’t want two levers.
I’m guessing you just splice both wires into one of the leads. However somewhere I read you need each to have a separate negative side.

So what’s the secret.. and where the pics of this mean machine ✌🏻
By TJSplash
I was not able to wire one break to the two different wheels, so I do have two levers. I'm going to take them apart to put them in a throttle handlebar style. I will post pictures when it's all done next month
By 365GUY
Man I just spent about 4 hours trying to figure out how to get one brake lever working with both front and back, it’s not happening By just running a signal line to the other board. I tried a bunch of things and nothing would work. So I just ended up making a stacked dual lever and cutting one of the bar clamps off and got them to sit on each other as tight as possible.
It’s not exactly the most custom looking setup but screw it, it works.
Here is a crappy picture of my crappy project 🤣
By 365GUY

Still have to paint the front plastic cover that houses the battery and control.
Yes I have 4 headlights 😂
By 365GUY
And yes front and back motors are from the zero. I have two additional batteries that are mounted in aluminum tubes that mount on the side deck.
So 4 total batteries... thing is a tank but it moves pretty good
By 365GUY
I will do a video once It’s actually finished. It’s almost done but I am not satisfied with the speed yet , it only goes 67mph and that’s pretty lame. 😂
By TJSplash
365GUY wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:32 am

Still have to paint the front plastic cover that houses the battery and control.
Yes I have 4 headlights 😂
I'm working on a three-wheel system using bird zero Motors. One in the front, two in the back, but the back two are inline Wheels, not on either end of the scooter like some kids toy. I'm building an enclosure system that will house all of the batteries I'm about to have to stack on this thing as well as a separate battery system for some nice aftermarket LED light bars that you would find on Jeeps. I'm also looking at building in a horn as well as speakers. I haven't decided on a paintjob yet (was gonna go with polished aluminum, but that's been taken), I'm thinking of of some color change iridescent paint, a nice solid white, and maybe brass.

My only problem right now is with the extended battery idea. I'm using stock M365 7800 milliamp battery packs, I can't get them to not going to charging mode after coming to a complete stop(using custom firmware, already tried the setting).I have tried troubleshooting the solution multiple ways, my last thing I need to do is attempt to wire both of the BMS cables together. If this does not work I'm going to build a custom switch that will allow me to swap the batteries for all three at the same exact time by flipping a switch. Improvise, adapt, and overcome I always say LOL. I'm looking into possibly installing some bottle Dynamos in an effort to recharge batteries that are depleted after the switch.

I have a two wheeler build from some M365 stock hubs, just rode it up a half mile about 60 degrees of incline Hill like a f**king Champ!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]