An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By Aman160
I was wondering if there is a way to use the internal Ninebot ES battery on the Xiaomi m360 as an external battery?
I have tried wiring the battery up in parallel with the m365 but it does not work. The led BMS on the Ninebot turns red when connected with the m365 battery. I have tried plugging the ninebot directly into the m365 control board. It turns on but the dashboard beeps. I have uploaded custom firmware to the m365 dashboard with no luck.

I have dismantled both internal and external batteries of the ninebot es as well as the bird zero. I took detailed photos of each battery.
The link to view them is all is https://imgur.com/a/tFu5afk. Image
By 365GUY
I’m trying to figure this out as well. What I’m planning on doing is building both es2 and 365 into a single scooter using a 365 chassis with a es2 vertical tube. I have the fabrication completed and it looks pretty cool. I’m just not sure how having two different motors will work even though they are completely separate. The ES motor is in the rear and a 365 up front. Anyone use a ES motor on a 365 with any success ?

Also does anyone know of options for softer tires for the ES models ? I rode the ES for the first time yesterday and I couldn’t believe how much vibration you feel compared to a 365. I have had a few 365s for a year now and the overall ride is much better and feels a lot more sturdy.
Yes, you can do this. When you flash custom firmware just make sure to patch "remove charging mode". Otherwise the controller thinks that the additional current is from being plugged in to a charger. The scooter will beep and not operate. And make sure your batteries have the same voltage (at least within 1 v) before connecting them. Then just wire the two batteries in parallel...or the "Y" method as many people call it. And heres a link. For once the Germans make engineering something simple and understandable! Just treat the es battery like any other battery....because it is, just a battery. good luck

https://rollerplausch.fandom.com/wiki/I ... al_battery

and to the guy wondering about dual motors...yes i have, yes it works. yes its worth it, yes its fast. es motor in the back, stock motor up front. m365 controllers on both of the motors....one for each motor. to dash boards, two throttles attached together, two brake handles if you can figure out a good way to do it. Minor wiring modification needed to wire in es motor but its pretty much just matching the colors up. flash cfw with the motor power at 25787. it will take it with 2 motors. the acceleration is awesome. top speed the same as it would be with one motor. Overvolt to increase top speed. dont exceed 58 volts or youll notice your scooter has become more like a heater and shortly after that itl be smoking like a Rastafarian at a Bob Marley show. be safe,
By 365GUY
Thanks for this info , very helpful.
Also I can confirm that the dash ( handlebars) from a spin scooter works with a bird. However the dash won’t light up but the headlight and bottom led lights work. Also adding a external battery works as well.
By cinus
Tristram22 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:43 am
Hi I’m trying to put the Ninebot external battery on my Xiaomi but the Ninebot external battery just keeps flashing and not turning off do you no how to make it work thanks
Were you able to solve it? It would be very clean way to add additional battery to M365/pro
Hey guys, i figured out how to use the external battery on my electric skateboard, including how to charge it without being connected to the scooter. You must downgrade to BMS122 which seems to have less restrictions on the BMS, and this allows for charging. As well as changing the charging mode in https://esx.scooterhacking.org/. Use ninebot flasher in windows10 to downgrade the external BMS to 122 while connected to the scooter. Then it becomes like any other LiIon pack! Your welcome!
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?