An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
There was a Lyft scooter parked near my house the other day and I decided to take it apart to see how it differs from Bird's M365 scooter. With both scooters starting their lives as a Xiaomi Mijia electric scooter I figured both would be very similar. For the most part they were identical except for the brain each company added to the scooter.

In all the pictures below Bird is on the left and Lyft is on the right.

I didn't see a SIM card on Lyft's which led me to believe it works with bluetooth alone. It also has a number of additional lights and buttons for diagnostic. It also did not have a backup battery like the Bird model

With all the extra equipment on Lyft's brain it wasn't a surprise that they added a wire harness to move more power from the battery to the brain and bypass the bluetooth unit.

Here is the harness removed from the Lyft scooter.

When the harness is removed the wiring in the two scooters looks identical.
Scooterguy wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:26 am
Any way for them to track the scooter after the brains been removed?
No, (of course you peeled off all its name decals after you stole it...)
Aside from them seeing its serial number and comparing that against machines had stolen.
Mind you, thats just brains on the Bird/Lyft/Lime, whoever...
There is a good chance they fit hidden RFID tags to their machines what are totally independent of its ”brain” and would permit identifying them during a close proximity scan.
Userhost wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 am
Sceeter wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:41 pm
@Userhost I might know someone with a few. What would they be worth to you ?
@Sceeter They would be worth the cost of shipping. Any results from the research would be posted free for everyone.
The LTE Cellular modem on the Lyft brains are Digi XBees that are worth about $100 each, although probably can't be activated because of the IME serial numbers.
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... n=digiintl

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]