An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By itslifesaidhe
Is anyone good with soldering and working on circuit boards? I have a blown M365 dash that someone said was repairable, I just dont have the knowledge/tools.

Looks like its just one blown capacitor.

PM me!
By dustydog256
itslifesaidhe wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm
Is anyone good with soldering and working on circuit boards? I have a blown M365 dash that someone said was repairable, I just dont have the knowledge/tools.

PM me!
Yeah you hooked it up to a Lyft scooter without taking the battery jumper off the bottom of the battery. Installing a new cap most likely won't fix it as ive already tried the first time I did it, trash it and buy another and start over... only after you remove the battery jumper.
By itslifesaidhe
dustydog256 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 pm
itslifesaidhe wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:35 pm

PM me!
Yeah you hooked it up to a Lyft scooter without taking the battery jumper off the bottom of the battery. Installing a new cap most likely won't fix it as ive already tried the first time I did it, trash it and buy another and start over... only after you remove the battery jumper.
Guy on eBay said he fixed his easily, why didnt yours work?
By Pez
That’s what happens when you hook it up to a LYFT..
If you don’t take the splitter on controller off . This extra power goes to GPS in the brain ..(Bird has an extra battery in theres . I’ve fixed 2 of them ..Frys electronics stocks the item for the repair ..easy to fix (cap cost $1.23)
By itslifesaidhe
I know what went wrong, that's not the issue. I need to repair the board. I dont have any experience or tools to fix a circuit board, would be willing to pay for shipping if someone was down to do it for me. I'm broke.
By Pez
Broke is not good !! So we all want to know what caused the cap on board to blow , and how f**king loud was it ? Pretty f**king LOUD or just loud.....
By Nets187
Just blew mine too, however I just located the harness that needs to be removed and put in an order for 6 new boards that will be installed now that were all set on this side. Lets see 6 replacement circuit boards at $127.00 (shipping counld be faster), sell at $150.00 each. Lets do the math, thats good numbers right there.
By itslifesaidhe
Pez wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:13 am
Broke is not good !! So we all want to know what caused the cap on board to blow , and how f**king loud was it ? Pretty f**king LOUD or just loud.....
:?
By Seabisct101
Pez wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 pm
That’s what happens when you hook it up to a LYFT..
If you don’t take the splitter on controller off . This extra power goes to GPS in the brain ..(Bird has an extra battery in theres . I’ve fixed 2 of them ..Frys electronics stocks the item for the repair ..easy to fix (cap cost $1.23)
Do you only have to take off splitter? Can you send a link to the caps?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]