An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
hi I have a ninebot max.kick scooter when I bought it online they told me all I have to buy is a new dashboard and it would work fine. so I have bought 2 off amazon and both times I plugged them in the new dashboard started smoking and both were burnt within seconds ? first do you have a new dashboard . and what am I doing wrong that's making these boards burn up?
Was the scooter previously a rental?
Dub_Low wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:13 pm
hi I have a ninebot max.kick scooter when I bought it online they told me all I have to buy is a new dashboard and it would work fine. so I have bought 2 off amazon and both times I plugged them in the new dashboard started smoking and both were burnt within seconds ? first do you have a new dashboard . and what am I doing wrong that's making these boards burn up?
Not only do you need to replace the stock main controller, but you need to replace the main control wire which goes from the controller mounted in the angled tube connecting the main steering / pole to the footwell main chassis box where your battery is located. The main control wire has been modied by Lyft so it smokes any new dashboard thats connected to it. They did this by moving the 5v power lead over a few spaces and replacing that connection with a 36-42v (batt voltage) wire. This was done by Lyft as a last ditch effort to sabotage anyone who might have stolen their scooter. It definitely has cost quite a few numbnuts who tried stealing their scooters at least 2 or 3 Chinese dashboards... Poof!

replace the 4 wire main dash lead. $10 on Walmart.com or Amazon, replacement controllers for G30 doest fit in that neck tube. best option is aftermarket 500-750 watt 36v controller, and keyswitched LED throttle w/ voltage meter
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]