An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
I`ve got a new SNSC 2.3 recently (almost new, 260 km and even protective films were not removed from the screem and lamp). 1004Ah battery. Range is great - 32 km (20 miles) and only 35% used. Goog bike, but a little bit hard to get it home in hands on the 6th floor :)

Have some questions about it. It doesn`t have any buttons (the dash has only 4 LEDs). I don`t know who made it "personal", so I don't have anyone to ask about. It doesn't have any buttons and it is controlled with a magnet over magnetic sensor. It can be connected to Bluetooth (Ninebot app, ScooterHack etc.). Magnetic sensor is working not wery predictable - sometimes I can't switch on the lamp, but it just shuts off. Seem like the sensor is like "sticky" or it is damaged (the scooter was evacuated from the garage after a heavy russian bombing, cosmetically it is intact, but the explosion blast could damage the sensor if it is in the glass tube :? ), Sometimes it is switched on in alarm mode, beeps and is applying brakes of you are trying to move it around.

I was reading some topics about flashing these scooters and I'm stuck - I don't know what can I flash to change|open functions of the scooter and to not make it a "brick".

The "questions" at tis time are:
  • If it runs/functions pretty ok, then I don't need to change anything in battery, charger or IoT, all I need is to change Bluetooth software, right? (I've attached screens with software versions I could find)
  • Can I flash it to force switch the headlamp always on as the scooter is on? (I don't think it will consume much of the energy?)
  • Is there any dash with a button that I can put instead the SNSC panel where there are only 4 LEDs and they don't show anything, just on/off when the scooter is on/off
  • It would be great if there would be several modes pedestrian/normal/sport and ability to switch between them without the need to connect the phone.
  • Is it safe to rename "NBScooter0340" into something more personal?
  • Can i use something from the IoT box (seems like there is nothin operational now except te beeper) or can I just unmount it? It would be great if there could be option to control the scooter with the GSM and see it on the map in case of thieves' activity.
  • Maybe there is an option to control the battery lock, but it is not very needed. Maybe will need sometimes to inspect the battery state and in case of riding in some heavy weather :roll:
Image Image Image
Florin Bratulete wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:34 pm
I buyed this scooter for repair, got new controller and dashboard for it (paid 85 for them). Spent alot of time and work on it but still dont want to turn on. When press the power button the display blinks for a second and goes off and then it beeps. I red it must flash something procedure that i dont know how to do. I let someone who knows better what to do with it. My price is 100 and the transport cost for posting it or can i sell parts of it. :D Image
were u located
so i got to the part of downloadingthe

-Battery Management System flash file. Right click bms134_fulldump.hex and save. Should save as a .hex file.
when try to save file it just goes to the webpage...... https://files.scooterhacking.org/firmwa ... lldump.hex
but canot save it, is there a trick ... i even went here and try to drag it but says file not recognized ..https://makecode.microbit.org/

can anyone tell me how i can save file, thanks
Hi all, I need help.
I've successfully flashed the battery and the motherboard but the dash is a different story :(
I followed the instructions to the letter but no joy. First I removed all the silicone cover over the terminals and soldered on my st link. The C2 capacitor however has moved to the rear. I removed anyway but and attached a 5v supply from the St link. But when I plug in the st link, the dash beeps and all lights light up for a nano second then all goes off.
When I open the ble555 and run, I just get a message saying (Error: initially mode failed unable to connect to the target)
I do not know what to do now.
Please help
[quote=Jordanhunt85 post_id=57079 time=1658264381 user_id=81372]
Hi all, I need help.
I've successfully flashed the battery and the motherboard but the dash is a different story :(
I followed the instructions to the letter but no joy. First I removed all the silicone cover over the terminals and soldered on my st link. The C2 capacitor however has moved to the rear. I removed anyway but and attached a 5v supply from the St link. But when I plug in the st link, the dash beeps and all lights light up for a nano second then all goes off.
When I open the ble555 and run, I just get a message saying (Error: initially mode failed unable to connect to the target)
I do not know what to do now.
Please help
[/quote]
long story short, dash doesn't power up unless I press and hold the button down. as soon as I let go power to it shuts off for some reason. anyone experience this?

I've been building a scooter that's a compilation of spin snsc 2.3.2 and max g30.
battery- snsc 2.3.2 w/ max g30 bms
dashboard-max g30
esc- xbot controller max g30 and charging board.

for some reason when everything is hooked up I need to hold down the dashboard button to get the dash to have power. as soon as I let go of button, it shuts down. any idea why? I've tried 2 diff dashes so I don't think that's the reason. I'm guessing maybe firmware is incompatible. I'm having serious difficulty flashing everything except the dashboard. I can't seem to get the BMS or esc to connect. they aren't oem
tone_loc88 wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:24 pm
long story short, dash doesn't power up unless I press and hold the button down. as soon as I let go power to it shuts off for some reason. anyone experience this?

I've been building a scooter that's a compilation of spin snsc 2.3.2 and max g30.
battery- snsc 2.3.2 w/ max g30 bms
dashboard-max g30
esc- xbot controller max g30 and charging board.

for some reason when everything is hooked up I need to hold down the dashboard button to get the dash to have power. as soon as I let go of button, it shuts down. any idea why? I've tried 2 diff dashes so I don't think that's the reason. I'm guessing maybe firmware is incompatible. I'm having serious difficulty flashing everything except the dashboard. I can't seem to get the BMS or esc to connect. they aren't oem
dont know if this is relavent to you but the xboxt esc units are rubbish
they have a horrid lag on power and they dont allow st link or flashing at all
and dash connects to this so it wouldnt let me flash anything
i ended up having to buy a genuine esc witch solved all my problems
but be carefull not to get one with latest firmware
or the rear light will be on all the time and it will need st link to
get it to v1.26

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]