An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By wbm509
365GUY wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Regarding using the max battery with a regular 365 controller. I have not tried yet but from what I have messed with I believe there’s 1 additional data line used on the new max batteries. Regular 365 has a data plug with 3 wires ( think there’re yellow, green and white and it’s the 3 wire plug that connects to the controller. Max battery has a 4th wire and I’m not sure what it’s purpose is yet.
Guessing it might have something to do with the onboard charger and sends or receives a signal of some sort. I’m not planning on using the max 38 volt battery but I am still interested in figuring out how to get it working if I want to. It’s a dam good battery with twice the capacity of a 365 battery. But I’m going for ultimate speed so I will be running dual 58 volt batteries until it catches on fire or just blows up. No actually the caps are rated at 60 volts so running 58 is definitely pushing it but with the firmware I can keep things under control. I think it will work just fine as long as the controller works ok without having anything plugged into the 3 wire plug.

If anyone knows where to buy a fairly inexpensive 56-58 volt charger please let me know.

Or if anyone has successfully made the max battery work with a 365 controller please let us know what wire to remove. Sure would appreciate the heads up as this stuff can take some time to figure out.

Thx everyone ✌🏻
If one were to rewire the power leads from a Ninebot Max battery to fit onto a M365 Pro ESC would it work? Both batteries are 36v. The current difference shouldn’t matter.

I assume two of the remaining four wires are for charging which could connect to the charging port directly, the others I assume are for TX/RX as they appear to be on Segway ESx scooters.

Will the M365 Pro dashboard display a BMS communication issue without the data cable connected? If not, assuming it wouldn’t since custom batteries seem like they can be provided, then it should be pretty straightforward to use a M365 Pro ESC with the Ninebot Max battery.
By Scootingxiv
So what's the word flash_bezzy you ain't put in the sh*t you been patiently waitn for f**k would of stood up installing that sh*t .hope you got some good news for everyone. Dont be a scumbag like joeyfreshwater says and post results.thanks
By Wizzkidd2000
RE: Mattr567 wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:18 pm
benhall847 wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:16 pm
Take the Lyft connector, and carefully cut it with a hot knife.
Try not to reveal the metal near the red wire as this could cause the controller to short when plugged in.

(cut closer to the black wire if needed, though you should be able to sneak through the middle of both of them)

With a sharp knife, shave off the plastic guiding grooves and clip to make a flat connector.

Connect your new connector where the original STOCK MAX dashboard connects. (reference previous posts)

Now, splice the home-made connector with a female m365 dashboard cable - you want to color code the m365 cable to match the photo of the STOCK MAX dashboard.
I wonder perhaps on the lyft vs stock max controller, try wiring the new dash in by wire colors not pin locations like you tried here. Clearly the controller isn't the same as the stock Max so I think that's worth a shot. AKA use the black wire in its original lyft location, but match it to the black wire on the Pro dash etc.

If you're going to use the wiring harness that goes from the blue connector up at the top near the handlebars where you plug in your dashboard remember this is the original Wiring harness that is already in the scooter going to the motor controller they switched the wires around even though it's a four pin connector they have it switched around and you need to re-match the colors at the motor controller Red matches blue and orange goes to the pink one green goes to green and black is the black . This is only if you're using the wire that's already running through to connect your dashboard otherwise it's just not gonna work even though it looks like the same for pin connector they have the wiring harness mixed up to run through that five pin board to go to their servers to activate the scooter charge you.
By benhall847
Wizzkidd2000 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:24 am
If you're going to use the wiring harness that goes from the blue connector up at the top near the handlebars where you plug in your dashboard remember this is the original Wiring harness that is already in the scooter going to the motor controller they switched the wires around even though it's a four pin connector they have it switched around and you need to re-match the colors at the motor controller Red matches blue and orange goes to the pink one green goes to green and black is the black . This is only if you're using the wire that's already running through to connect your dashboard otherwise it's just not gonna work even though it looks like the same for pin connector they have the wiring harness mixed up to run through that five pin board to go to their servers to activate the scooter charge you.
Please don't re-post old info.
Also don't please don't post false information. Your going to get someones board fried.
Did you even read this thread like the last guy???

We have posted photos of the ORIGINAL LYFT MAX connecting with a 4 PIN DASHBOARD to the ORIGINAL CONTROLLER.
If you connect your dashboard in any other way it will be fried.
By Isaac1904
benhall847 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:03 am
Isaac1904 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Link to where you bought it from ?
Did you read the thread??

Ebay or Ali Express.
"Dashboard" "Controller"
"G30 MAX"
Is it a dashboard from the rentals or a real Ninebot max dash
By joeyfreshwater
365GUY wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:16 pm
Yea I read that somewhere else to, I guess the difference in a pro dash is it not only beeps but it also flashes on the dash and fucks up the Speedo.
The weird thing is I can hook it up, and full throttle it only goes 1-2 mph. There’s no variation in power it’s just one slow speed throughout the entire throttle. However every once in a while it goes full blast and f**king hauls nuts for a few seconds. I’m guessing I have something f***ed up in my firmware. Not sure if you guys have done much tweaking with the new pro firmware but there’s so much more sh*t we can tweak I’m probably missing something.

I am going to figure out a way to make this work without throwing error 21. I’m thinking of using the bms and figure out how to incorporate it into the 60v battery just because I hate error codes that much.

But seeing that wheel spin even shortly when it would burst full speed has me pretty excited, this is going to be the king max and ain’t no body gonna be able to catch me.
any luck tinkering with this? im experiencing the same problem using a wheels battery. I used two different pro dashboards and one regular m365 dash and tried with the regular m365 battery and wheels battery and it does the same thing for me. Everything works with the xiaomi but it is maxed out about 15 mph. with the wheels it beeps and goes only a few miles per hour. i however didnt get the jolt of full speed you were talking about. I guess ill just have to make a in a second battery to overvolt it to 60v
By 365GUY
No I haven’t had time to work on it yet but I do think it’s got something to do with the firmware.
It should still work even though error 21 is active.

Need to figure out how to build a dongle that will plug into the controller and stop error 21.
By Scootingxiv14
Attention lyft converters !!! No more splicing the 5 pin plug ...just little shaving and push out..on this snowed in day from work wantd to check out the lyft lookn into the pin said I'm gonna shave it down where pin 5 then used a flat end of tiny torx push down on it came out green wire so leaves u the blue to use and u got u a 4 pin plug and plugs in with no problem..hopefully this my be a help does any one know where the other pins end up on the other end of the cord . Just an idea please check b4 u plug in dont want any one to fry there board .hopefully my parts come in soon ..
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?