An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Nathan7500
Hey there, since it seems like no one has tried this yet or hasn't posted about it at least anyone played with the Maxes yet? Looking into them they seem to use the same head unit as the M365 Pro, so i bought a new head unit. The cable they use in the max is a 5 pin connector between the mother board and the head unit. So I used a m365 cable (so i could connect to the pro head unit 4 pin set up) spliced the cable from the max so it had the correct connection to the mother board. After getting everything set up and ready to go turned it on it all turned on for a moment and then fried the head unit. Any help? Or I may just have to wait until the max is available and then just buy their head unit.
By ndmccutcheon
What brand was it originally/did it come with a tracking unit on top or a normal head unit? Generally the 5 pin connectors go to the tracking unit (uses battery voltage) and the 4 pin connectors go to the dash (uses lower voltage). Though, if the head unit that came with the scooter appeared to be stock except for the 5 pin connector, I'm not sure what would be going on there.
By Nathan7500
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 am
What brand was it originally/did it come with a tracking unit on top or a normal head unit? Generally the 5 pin connectors go to the tracking unit (uses battery voltage) and the 4 pin connectors go to the dash (uses lower voltage). Though, if the head unit that came with the scooter appeared to be stock except for the 5 pin connector, I'm not sure what would be going on there.
It was a Lyft, so idk if it's as simple as they use a modified m365 pro board and the standard one just couldn't hold up to the amount of voltage or what.
By Nathan7500
Nathan7500 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:38 am
ndmccutcheon wrote:
It had the top on it like all the normal rentals, had to take that off.
By ndmccutcheon
Nathan7500 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:38 am
ndmccutcheon wrote:
It was a Lyft, so idk if it's as simple as they use a modified m365 pro board and the standard one just couldn't hold up to the amount of voltage or what.
Ah. Lyft's trackers use battery voltage, so much like the Lyft ES4 models, plugging in a stock dashboard where it would normally go will fry it, as that's actually the tracking box connector. On the ES4s, you needed to move the connector to the dashboard area on the control board on Lyft models to get it to work, as they don't really have a traditional "dashboard" installed at all. Not sure how this would be done on the max, but I'm assuming you'd do the exact same thing.
By rmnhsd
Was wondering this myself... the MAX I saw has a 4 pin connector, but the smaller size one, as used on an ESx models. Also it has a green wire instead of blue (the black red yellow are the same on both). The only other connector is the 6 pin (8 wire) one that goes to the light, brake and throttle.
By Famoso32
Just seen the new lyft Max in person now very nice , I’m interested on theses keep us posted with tons of pictures please

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]