An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Sc00tr
Give it a shot on the spin using an esx dash
scootersonlyrepair wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:18 am
I connected the retail way on both. 
On the spin there is no error using a retail dashboard.
It turns on but the motor is locked and the brake light blinks on and off. It shows in the Segway app but can’t pair when ask to push the power button.

On the Lyft it gives me an error 10 and the motor is not locked.

If I use the dashboard that came with the Spin and connecting it like the retail model it’ll show error 32 on the Spin ESC but doesn’t show anything on a Lyft ESC.

By testing these two scooter it shows that the ESC are different on both. Just have to figure a way to dump the firmware.]

When bird switched from es2 to es4 with expansion Battery I had the same problem whereas I could plug and play a dashboard on the es2 the only way to get the es4 to work is swap controller so I imagine that will be the solution here.
By ElManJohn
Hey guys, I want to buy a the Max but don't know is it worth the money?

So far found not much of reviews. One of my findings is this article where they say it can go up to 65km distance.
So my question is it really can go up to this distance?
By fairbanks97
Mattr567 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 pm
A compiled DIY would be great here ;)
I already put together what I know about the scooters and the process I followed to convert mine on the page before this, page 19, with links and videos to follow.
By akha
fairbanks97 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:24 am
753789741 wrote:When flashing the Spin scooters, do I need to flash the BMS to 134 or only BLE555 and DRV126? It's not clear from the posts whether you only need to flash BMS for Lyft or also have to do for Spin to version 134 (BMS). Can someone please clarify?
If you are having issues connecting with bluetooth, try restarting the scooter. Unlike M365/ ES4 scooters which have bluetooth constantly on and seeking a connection, Max scooters automatically turns off bluetooth after a while. You may also have to reset the bluetooth module by starting the scooter up while holding the brake and throttle down.
This is not true, actually. Ony BLE555 does that, and it's to counteract the lack of encryption.
The same feature is on Camilo's BLE Xiaomi firmware
By Manxxx87
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Nathan7500 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:38 am
ndmccutcheon wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 am
What brand was it originally/did it come with a tracking unit on top or a normal head unit? Generally the 5 pin connectors go to the tracking unit (uses battery voltage) and the 4 pin connectors go to the dash (uses lower voltage). Though, if the head unit that came with the scooter appeared to be stock except for the 5 pin connector, I'm not sure what would be going on there.
It was a Lyft, so idk if it's as simple as they use a modified m365 pro board and the standard one just couldn't hold up to the amount of voltage or what.
Ah. Lyft's trackers use battery voltage, so much like the Lyft ES4 models, plugging in a stock dashboard where it would normally go will fry it, as that's actually the tracking box connector. On the ES4s, you needed to move the connector to the dashboard area on the control board on Lyft models to get it to work, as they don't really have a traditional "dashboard" installed at all. Not sure how this would be done on the max, but I'm assuming you'd do the exact same thing.
Is their any videos showing to to do this on the es4?
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?