An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By fairbanks97
753789741 wrote:If I have a spin scooter that I acquired from an auction, should I be using ST LINK or Ninerift (serial) to flash the controller? I don't need to buy any other controllers/ESCs correct? Can anyone provide instructions on how exactly I can convert?

Personally, I have more experience using an ST-Link and had no issues flashing the dashboard and controller of a Spin model with one. If you have a Spin model there are no parts that need to be replaced and no rewiring required. I also flashed CFW with the Current-based Throttle Algorithm enabled and have no issues to report.

I haven't used NineRiFt myself, but can confirm the conversion can be completed with Ninebot IAP if you prefer serial

That tool can be found here:
https://files.scooterhacking.org/iap/

Also, if you check page 16 and or scroll up on page 17 above your post, I briefly documented how to perform the conversion with an ST-Link. Until a more thorough tutorial is written up, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
By 5280ghettobird
GOOD LOOKN OUT FAIRBANKS TOOK MY TIME FOLLOWED WHAT YOU SAID IM GOOD NOW.JUST THAT GOIN UO HILL sh*t HELLA SLOW .BUT YEAH IT DOES WORK .THANKS TOO EVERYONE
By fairbanks97
365GUY wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:11 pm
What speeds are you guys getting with CFW on the max stock setup?
I get a solid 20 mph on flat ground compared to it being locked around 18 with stock firmware. Pretty much the same CFW experience as other 36v models like M365 and ES4 as far as top speed

The biggest improvement I've noticed with CFW is the torque curve and how well it maintains speed up hills or inclines however. There's a pretty long and steep road nearby and it never goes below 18 climbing it now

I still have the Motor Power Constant set to default on mine but have only heard good things from those running the "MAXed Out" preset. I estimate about 25 miles of realistic range with my current settings

For those with stock Max internals who are interested in CFW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnxeM6gvq_U

Also a tutorial for flashing the Max controller back to OEM firmware has been created and can be found here:

https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/vi ... f=26&t=213

The ESC full dump has also been uploaded and can be downloaded here:
https://files.scooterhacking.org/max/fw ... lldump.bin
By 753789741
fairbanks97 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:14 pm
753789741 wrote:If I have a spin scooter that I acquired from an auction, should I be using ST LINK or Ninerift (serial) to flash the controller? I don't need to buy any other controllers/ESCs correct? Can anyone provide instructions on how exactly I can convert?

Personally, I have more experience using an ST-Link and had no issues flashing the dashboard and controller of a Spin model with one. If you have a Spin model there are no parts that need to be replaced and no rewiring required. I also flashed CFW with the Current-based Throttle Algorithm enabled and have no issues to report.

I haven't used NineRiFt myself, but can confirm the conversion can be completed with Ninebot IAP if you prefer serial

Also, if you check page 16 and or scroll up on page 17 above your post, I briefly documented how to perform the conversion with an ST-Link. Until a more thorough tutorial is written up, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
If I use the IAP tool, I just need a UART CP2012 serial converter correct? Anything else I would need?

Also, would I be able to unlock the speed to go faster than stock or does that still require st-link for that?
By fairbanks97
753789741 wrote:
fairbanks97 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:14 pm

If I use the IAP tool, I just need a UART CP2012 serial converter correct? Anything else I would need?

Also, would I be able to unlock the speed to go faster than stock or does that still require st-link for that?
Like I said, I haven't used NineRiFt/Ninebot IAP personally, but did some quick research:

CP2012 should work perfectly and is the recommended method for Ninebot IAP.

Red = GND, White = RX, Yellow = TX
Just make sure to select IoT as interface

My understanding is with IAP you don't need to remove any potting compound or solder any connections and you should be able flash all components with just those 3 wires connected to the ESC

I've heard BLE 555 is a bit buggy with Ninebot IAP at the moment but you should be able to convert back to stock firmware.
Maybe try BLE 555/CFW with IAP and let us know how it goes!
By Flash_beezy
Got my lyft scooter going sorry it took so long was waiting on the stock cable

Had a few issues, swapped in Oem cable from dash to controller, OEM controller that was no good, required activation, OEM dash works. Swapped in a controller from a spin unit and flashed it with my spare ES dash and it works no problem.

Then code 14/15 came up swapped out with a spin brake and throttle, and my headlight wouldn’t turn off so I put a spin headlight in lol

It does 18mph currently
Last edited by Flash_beezy on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Le HO
How about the battery? because with the LYFT battery the BMS the scooter will shutdown within 5-10 sec while riding.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]