An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By bilzbub
365GUY wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:33 am
Well I found the pro dash on amazon prime for under 30$, and it’s a original ninebot that I can flash custom firmware to. As for the motor, it’s obviously the max motor, that was my whole point in trying to verify that the M365 controller will run the bigger max motor. I’m currently working on adding a front mounted 56v battery from a wheels bike as well as mounting one where the max battery was. The mounting on the front looks pretty nice , at least it’s cleaner than my 365 secondary battery setup.

I’m working on trying to modify a 58v charger from a echo electric blower that I found, hopefully I can get that working

I feel like this combination will offer the best ride and performance. Although I’m sure thre
I pretty much did the same thing. I didnt have a prio dash so I grabbed one of the OEM ones from a 365 i had here and the controller and put em in. I have two 365 batteries in the deck, but have to find a way to secure them as theres rattle. I have to get the parts for the dual battery process, so thatll have to wait until payday..

so far, everything works rather well, its just in frankenstein mode right now. the battery life even with the 365 battery was decent, did a 15 mile round trip with no problems at a max speed of about 18mph.

so heres the issues im having now..

its a 365 OEM dash.. I go to start it, i get a start up sequence and only have one flashing light on the dash. i have no way of seeing battery. it does connect via bluetooth but im not getting any data nor am I able to pair the app with it.

ultimately im probably going to drop the battery back in pending a purchase of a controller/dash from ebay or amazon.

any idea why i cant pair my device? other than that its an amazing vehicle. only bummer being its so f**king heavy. I need to get a proper cover for the dash as well and water seal it. once i get the dual battery conversion i was just going to foam fill the deck andf fergit about it. i have a friend who owns a steel shop, might hit him up today to see if we can both everything down. i have a new st link on the way and a clone pro dash. going to see the difference when those arrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVcjQmc ... e=youtu.be
By bilzbub
also do you think there will be any problem keeping the 365 controller/dash and using the max battery? it just seems so badass but im wondering if it will have the same specs with the 365 tech....?
By Mattr567
benhall847 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:16 pm
Take the Lyft connector, and carefully cut it with a hot knife.
Try not to reveal the metal near the red wire as this could cause the controller to short when plugged in.

(cut closer to the black wire if needed, though you should be able to sneak through the middle of both of them)

With a sharp knife, shave off the plastic guiding grooves and clip to make a flat connector.

Connect your new connector where the original STOCK MAX dashboard connects. (reference previous posts)

Now, splice the home-made connector with a female m365 dashboard cable - you want to color code the m365 cable to match the photo of the STOCK MAX dashboard.
I wonder perhaps on the lyft vs stock max controller, try wiring the new dash in by wire colors not pin locations like you tried here. Clearly the controller isn't the same as the stock Max so I think that's worth a shot. AKA use the black wire in its original lyft location, but match it to the black wire on the Pro dash etc.

By 365GUY
I don’t know but if I were you I would just spend the 30$ and get the 365 pro dash off amazon, it’s legit oem and get the dash cover from a max.

As far as running two batteries it shouldn’t cause any problems at all, just make sure you wire the second battery directly to the red and black leads on the primary battery. But put a disconnect between them along with a 20 amp inline fuse.

Overvolting will increase speed, read up on it if your not sure what exactly I’m talking about.
By 365GUY
Regarding using the max battery with a regular 365 controller. I have not tried yet but from what I have messed with I believe there’s 1 additional data line used on the new max batteries. Regular 365 has a data plug with 3 wires ( think there’re yellow, green and white and it’s the 3 wire plug that connects to the controller. Max battery has a 4th wire and I’m not sure what it’s purpose is yet.
Guessing it might have something to do with the onboard charger and sends or receives a signal of some sort. I’m not planning on using the max 38 volt battery but I am still interested in figuring out how to get it working if I want to. It’s a dam good battery with twice the capacity of a 365 battery. But I’m going for ultimate speed so I will be running dual 58 volt batteries until it catches on fire or just blows up. No actually the caps are rated at 60 volts so running 58 is definitely pushing it but with the firmware I can keep things under control. I think it will work just fine as long as the controller works ok without having anything plugged into the 3 wire plug.

If anyone knows where to buy a fairly inexpensive 56-58 volt charger please let me know.

Or if anyone has successfully made the max battery work with a 365 controller please let us know what wire to remove. Sure would appreciate the heads up as this stuff can take some time to figure out.

Thx everyone ✌🏻
By willy23
Hey converters

please show how to complete the wiring on a empty MaX from;

m365 controller---motor - to M365 battery / pro circuitboard / charging port

Thank you
By 365GUY
What exactly are you having problems with? It’s no different than a normal M365, you just match up the plugs and that’s it. The Max motor plug for the hall sensors is exactly the same as the plug on a 365. The only thing you really need to do that’s a pain is run a 365 cable down through the neck and into the bottom, then cut it and extend it or do that first if you want but you risk pulling it apart if you can’t solder for sh*t. Use good solder, small shrink tubing on all 4 wires and then one larger piece over the spliced area, a little hot glue before you slip the shrink tube over will give you a strong connection. Other than that you need to wire the brake light to the rear of the battery, attach the charger port and the 3 main motor wires.

and
By Chili8680
Im having problems with the one adapter. It doesnt fit into the dashboard I purchased from china that is supposed to convert the bird scooter into your own. The 1 adapter fits but the other one doesnt. Does it matter what adapter goes where? Or is one specifically for the brake and the other for the throttle. The dashboard turns on the bottom lights but wont stay on so im not sure whats going on with it. Is it possible for me to talk to someone over the phone who can give me a step by step?
By 365GUY
First off your asking a question in the wrong place, this is a post regarding a ninebot max.
Bird doesn’t use a max so your probably asking about a bird zero. There’s plenty of information about the zero on the forums but I can’t help you because I’m not a fan of that particular scooter.
I did just look at a link for a 133$ kit to convert the zero into a working scooter but honestly that seems like a lot of money for a scooter that isn’t even sold to consumers. Unless you can prove you purchased it legally I don’t think I would put any money into it.

But hay, I’m not going to tell anyone else what they should do with their own money. I guess 133$ isn’t to bad if it’s not some scam site. Because going after them for a refund would be tough
By Mattr567
365GUY wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:06 pm
I don’t know but if I were you I would just spend the 30$ and get the 365 pro dash off amazon, it’s legit oem and get the dash cover from a max.

As far as running two batteries it shouldn’t cause any problems at all, just make sure you wire the second battery directly to the red and black leads on the primary battery. But put a disconnect between them along with a 20 amp inline fuse.

Overvolting will increase speed, read up on it if your not sure what exactly I’m talking about.
I know, but being able to use the stock Max motor controller (with the pro dash or whatever you decide to use) is a big plus. It's easier while retaining the nice and big stock Max battery etc.

Using the stock m365 motor controller is a really bad idea to me as you probably well know those are the major major weak point in M365s. Pros have even killed them stock! I've killed one myself with a zero motor among many many others. It's just not designed to take it.

There should be a way to make the stock lyft motor controller work we just haven't figured out the wiring yet.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]