An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Fosilen
Hey everyone,

I own as topic indicates a es4ninebot, was just out for a strole when it slowed down and stopped! Now it doesn't react to the gas and the wheel feels like it's locked, it goes forward but it gives resistant, for lack of a better vocab "trembling (?)/choppy(?!??)hacky" :!:
When I press brake the break light comes on as usual but when press gas, nothing! :cry:

I have tried everything from:

1. Restart
2. Update app
3. Update firmware
4. Changes every setting on it (speed, lights off /on)
5. Settings in app (locked it, cruise control )

But have not tried taking it apart tho.

Anyone?
By l064n
Does the motor have a lot of resistance with the scooter is off? If so it sounds like your motor is burnt out. I had these same symptoms and I took off the stem of the scooter by removing the bottom four bolts to look at the cables that connect to the motor and they were all melted. Usually if the motor feels all locked up even when the scooter is off it is probably fried. I'd take it apart and take a look if I were you, replacing the motor isn't too hard.

However if the resistance (the weird choppy tough to push feeling) only happens when the scooter is on it would probably mean that the motor controller isn't powering all three of the phases correctly and needs to be repaired or replaced.
By Stam
My bet is to inspect the mosfets and solder tracks on the circuit board of the control unit. I didn't have the exact same symptoms, but I believe our issues are in the same electrical ballpark. A voltmeter and understanding of continuity is a big help.
Checkout this thread for more details: viewtopic.php?p=16335#p16335

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]