An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
When you say buy flashed and upload new firmware are you referring to dashboards available on Amazon or some such seller? I've got a (hopefully) OEM dash coming tomorrow and would be happy to just connect everything and go.

With a replacement dash do I need to flash new firmware on it or does it come pre-flashed with stock firmware?

Thanks!

damanc5 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:37 am
Donttalktome wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am
hi. i recently came into a SPIN rental ninebot es2 through legal means and i have changed the controller with a cheap knockoff. it will not even cut on when i charge it. should i change the dashboard too? i live in los angeles. can someone please help me out i'm new at this. thx
I’ve done 2 spins. You can flash or buy a flashed dashboard and upload new firmware and that’s it!
Does anyone know the pinout pattern on the controller so I can find adapter to program without soldering because I have 50-60 units to do this on all legally acquired.
Amd I talked to a bird rep he said within a week all major cities will be pulling ninebots and replacing with bird one or the new bird two so ninebots are out AMD the pain in the *ss heavy as shot bird ones are here to stay anyone who can provide the pinout pattern please message me at bleebleblatt@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate this As I need to fix this problem many times over and soldering is a nightmare
Sc00tr wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 pm
Start a new thread, what do you mean by “fried super fast”?
Risitas98 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:35 pm
Hello,
I hacked 2 segway models(I already knew conversion methods months before this thread was created) but they fried super fast and now they won't power on. They charge but rear lights doesn't power on too while doing this. Anyone has a fix please?
The controller boards don't work and scooter won't power on. And I don't have any replacement control boards so I need to buy one or two of theses. And I don't know which boards are good for segway. I have ebay.
I've got an ES2 auction find, replaced the dashboard and the controller, and getting Error 21 when pairing. Any suggestions? The only physical hiccup was that the new controller had a plastic housing around the 4 pin connection. TIA for the help!

Here are links to the two pieces I bought.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... 8801765003

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Segway-Nin ... fresh=true

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]