An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Hello People!
I had bought an SNSC 2.2 on a police auction and I needed to flash it
I didn't buy an ST-Link so I was stuck using a UART adapter
I took out the original dashboard
I attached something for UART, this case an ESP32
and I got ninebot IAP running
I tried everything on the iap and nothing worked
But turning on the heartbeat in tools and then clicking activate in commands does make the controller freeze
I need help flashing the BMS or the ESC
IAP hasn't been able to downgrade rentals for a while now
yadeisnotcool wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:49 pm
Hello People!
I had bought an SNSC 2.2 on a police auction and I needed to flash it
I didn't buy an ST-Link so I was stuck using a UART adapter
I took out the original dashboard
I attached something for UART, this case an ESP32
and I got ninebot IAP running
I tried everything on the iap and nothing worked
But turning on the heartbeat in tools and then clicking activate in commands does make the controller freeze
I need help flashing the BMS or the ESC
I normally don't deal with snsc 2.2/2.3 from that ding company, but it looks like they figured out how to patch the UART Adapter way. In SF I continuously seen people riding their 2.3 painted black without any issues up until this month to the point it looks like it isn't an issue, but their fleet managers said otherwise. The best way in my opinion to do so, until someone else here finds a solution to this, is to bypass BMS physically, replace their controller with the correct controller, and wire everything up to the throttle. Doing it using their hardware is kinda next level work, but I am really sure that they are not going to let it get to a point where you just insert a connector, then push a button and the thing just works.
I think guide for 2.3 can be found here, but otherwise it isn't here.
Jnsystems wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:37 pm
I normally don't deal with snsc 2.2/2.3 from that ding company, but it looks like they figured out how to patch the UART Adapter way. In SF I continuously seen people riding their 2.3 painted black without any issues up until this month to the point it looks like it isn't an issue, but their fleet managers said otherwise. The best way in my opinion to do so, until someone else here finds a solution to this, is to bypass BMS physically, replace their controller with the correct controller, and wire everything up to the throttle. Doing it using their hardware is kinda next level work, but I am really sure that they are not going to let it get to a point where you just insert a connector, then push a button and the thing just works.
Or just STLink?
Jnsystems wrote:
I got the battery out of it and took out it's metal casing
I opened it up and it's filled with rubber and I can't really see the bms so then I can bypass it or st link it

But i believe it's possible to bypass it anyway because if u hold the battery indicator button, it outputs the full voltage of the battery :?:
Sc00tr wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:32 pm
Jnsystems wrote:
Or just STLink?
About ST-Linking... I won't be taking all of the rubber just to get to the BMS

I'm fine just buying a bypassed battery on ebay
Maybe by improvising something to continuously holding that battery indicator button, it should continuously output voltage, but since most of the fleets is 36v, you can always try with the bird v3 bms or the lime gen 3 (apparently no protection, just pure voltage. I don't know what the runtime when using other batteries, but I don't recommend using the ninebot garbage as your daily commute because it looks so bad, it's so hard to retrofit a seat into it, and looks very cheap compared to custom built models out there.
I just got my ST-Link V2 and i instantly got to work
I got the esc and flashed it with ESC126
Haven't tried it yet since i need to get the dashboard running
About the battery, i may need to flash it.
When i connect the esc, it turns on, but after a few seconds it turns off
yadeisnotcool wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:11 am
Jnsystems wrote:
I got the battery out of it and took out it's metal casing
I opened it up and it's filled with rubber and I can't really see the bms so then I can bypass it or st link it

But i believe it's possible to bypass it anyway because if u hold the battery indicator button, it outputs the full voltage of the battery :?:
Tried to do that but the battery still turns off

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]