An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:18 pm
Hey there,

here in Berlin Voi just started with a couple hundred scooters.. I was curious how they work and .. yeah. :mrgreen:
The local scooters seem to be a bit different to the ones in this thread, as Germany regulatory require them to have a few safety features more (like front & and back reflectors, lights on the tail..). The model name is "Voiager 1".

After a first look I have a couple of questions:

- Can someone tell me which base (es2 or es4) this should be?
- Where is the controller located? Maybe In the box in the front is just the GPS over GSM tracker (pictures attached)
=> The GPS tracker board seems to be a bit longer and has 2 SMC antennas (GPS, GSM), and connects by a
5 pin plug. If you connect this board the battery display (picture attached) on top of the steering bar lights up.
Is it possible that this is as well the controller?

Hey there,
thanks for the photos. Do you have any news about the Voiager 1? Did you found the controller and a possibility to flash it?

Would be nice to hear about it.
Peace!
Peter Meter wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 am
Hey there,
thanks for the photos. Do you have any news about the Voiager 1? Did you found the controller and a possibility to flash it?
The Voi Voiager 1 is mostly generic cheap components in a very, very heavy frame. This is properly the worst fleet scooter deployed in Germany right now. You can replace the motor controller, but I think its not worth the hassle. The Voiager 1 motor controller and battery are filled up with silicone, the back wheel is using a permanent security nut, almost all parts are heavily glued together. This thing is built to not be repaired. The only thing that's easy to disassemble is actually the GPS tracker box (you can rip it off the scooter, just held by two screws).
JonDon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:21 pm
The Voi Voiager 1 is mostly generic cheap components in a very, very heavy frame. This is properly the worst fleet scooter deployed in Germany right now. You can replace the motor controller, but I think its not worth the hassle. The Voiager 1 motor controller and battery are filled up with silicone, the back wheel is using a permanent security nut, almost all parts are heavily glued together. This thing is built to not be repaired. The only thing that's easy to disassemble is actually the GPS tracker box (you can rip it off the scooter, just held by two screws).
Thanks for the fast reply and the helpful informations, good to know. Let’s see if it will be any good updates/upgrades for the scooter talk in Germany.
-> No Folding mechanism
-> Tracker is in front of the scooter connected to the control board.
a friend of mine has one of the same. I read whole forum for my upset i found no easy way except of flashiong and dont get it if it works then. My question on this thread, is it possible to connect a external controler only to battery and motor. If the controller has his own gear shift. Why shouldnt be that possible ?
morbidru wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:10 pm
GiorgioT wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:33 am
Nxta wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:15 am
It\s underneath the scooter behind the black rubber patch.
I'm trying to find the GPS module as well.
The attached image is the underneath of my scooter.
Despite removing 4 small screws I can't honestly find a way to remove the bottom board. Even less find a black rubber patch.

A bit of help please?
https://i.imgur.com/9YSGmDa.jpg
You cant remove the bottom.

Those 4 screws are whats holding the back fender/footbreak.

the GPS/GSM/IOT device is located at the front of the scooter, its attached to the "pipe" see image here:

see that black box above the "V" logo? thats their gsm tracker.

those who are saying "its underneath" is referring to an older model that barely exists anymore on the street.

I would like to know how to rescue and adopt this newer model without control board on steering and the black gps-box on front.

Do I need the black gps-box in front or can I just disconnect/remove it? The dashboard can I fix or replace, not a prob, but are the box important to have the scooter run? Maybe enough to remove the batteries, tracker and also the SIM if there are any and let it be connected on the scooter??

Thankful for advice
By Hassan38
Hello can any body help me i have af voi scooter
I have removed the gps track but the dash have no turn on klap , they have removed this can i buy new dashboard and drive ?
By Marius Petz
Hey,
to get your scooter work (and you have a VOI Ninebot ESX) you have to buy a Control Board & new Dashboard. After all you have to assign the serial number to the new control board (via Bluetooth and BLE enabled PC). Than you can connect the scooter to your ninebot app and have fun!
Hassan38 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:26 am
Hello can any body help me i have af voi scooter
I have removed the gps track but the dash have no turn on klap , they have removed this can i buy new dashboard and drive ?
By doubleganger15
Marius Petz wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 am
Someone tried already to turn the VOI (SXT Max) into a personal Scooter?
Thats what im asking myself the whole time
Ive read something about the VOI (SXT MAX) being based on the Ninebot MAX G30D
https://escooter.blog/2019/06/29/sxt-ma ... -eindruck/

That would mean turning it into a personal scooter should work, by the well known Ninebot Flash method:

https://ebiketuningblog.com/2019/10/06/ ... -g30-g30d/

However, im not sure about that, since the SXT MAX and Ninebot MAX g30D have a different looking Handlebar and Dashboard.

Would love some more info on that scooter by other people, ill try to crack one open within the next days, will share my results here.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]