An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By MikeSnow
Ricardo Silva wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 pm
baboon63 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm
Ricardo Silva wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm

What exactly happened?
I thought some other user managed to flash his board normally...
MikeSnow flashed the controller board, when serrt2 tried to flash the dashboard I believe that's why the outcomes are different...
Oh, right! I read "board" and immediately associated that with the controller. That's why i prefer just "board" and "dash" :P
But anyways… the (control) board flashing has been done, right? Did mike ever test it with a new dash (board lol)?

Meanwhile, i found some info about a serial number "reset" procedure after a board swap. Seems a little too simple to be true to me, but since some of us have all the necessary parts, i guess it's worth the shot:
If you replaced the dashboard with a new one, you must do this process with it apart (not in the tube)
timing plays a role in getting this to reset correctly.
you will have the new dashboard connect to the controller and battery (exposed)
turn on your Segway app now and have it scanning
turn on your dashboard
as soon as you see it appear in the app window , click the button to activate the connection
and it will ask to do a firmware update... say yes.. and it may restart the display and if it ask again to update, say yes and do it until its says its all updated.
if you miss the window to do this process, you will have to disconnect the Controller from the battery... yes the controller, not the the dashboard.
then try this all again.
I was able to follow his directions and complete a hardware swap by doing the update. It did take a few tries to get the timing down but I'm fairly certain that if I can get my hands on another one at auction I could do this again by following his steps.
I have recently picked up two es1, one with lights on the bottom and es1 without lights on the bottom
I did have difficulty with the timing on getting the one without lights to get pass the 35 error
So I swapped temporarily the controller and was able to get the battery Bms updated and then swapped the controller back and got the controller updated and finally all were working fine
I flashed it but nothing happened. My hope was to get something different out of it although I didn't have an original dash. There are so many out there with original dash so I asked if someone else could follow the guide and just flash their controller and check, so much faster than ordering a new dash from china. I guess it doesn't work so I started working on a custom firmware for the controller instead.
By Ricardo Silva
So... the flashed board + new dash combo is yet to be tested? This should be like a priority!

Honestly, the more i read about it, both here and elsewhere, the more it seems that the problem is within ninebot firmware itself, and not custom programming by voi and other companies. Even stock/comercial scooters are having serial number problems. Just out of curiosity, which version of the voi did you try the flashing process? I believe the brainless (tracker underneath, not connected to the board) version is easier to deal with. So i’m hoping that that either a flashed board + new dash or new dash + the reset procedure i posted before could be the key to our problems. Guess we’ll just have to wait for someone to test it...
By TIER
Ricardo Silva wrote:
baboon63 wrote:
Ricardo Silva wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm

What exactly happened?
I thought some other user managed to flash his board normally...
MikeSnow flashed the controller board, when serrt2 tried to flash the dashboard I believe that's why the outcomes are different...
Oh, right! I read "board" and immediately associated that with the controller. That's why i prefer just "board" and "dash" :P
But anyways… the (control) board flashing has been done, right? Did mike ever test it with a new dash (board lol)?

Meanwhile, i found some info about a serial number "reset" procedure after a board swap. Seems a little too simple to be true to me, but since some of us have all the necessary parts, i guess it's worth the shot:
If you replaced the dashboard with a new one, you must do this process with it apart (not in the tube)
turn on your dashboard
as soon as you see it appear in the app window , click the button to activate the connection
and it will ask to do a firmware update... say yes.. and it may restart the display and if it ask again to update, say yes and do it until its says its all updated.
if you miss the window to do this process, you will have to disconnect the Controller from the battery... yes the controller, not the the dashboard.
then try this all again.
I was able to follow his directions and complete a hardware swap by doing the update. It did take a few tries to get the timing down but I'm fairly certain that if I can get my hands on another one at auction I could do this again by following his steps.
I have recently picked up two es1, one with lights on the bottom and es1 without lights on the bottom
I did have difficulty with the timing on getting the one without lights to get pass the 35 error
So I swapped temporarily the controller and was able to get the battery Bms updated and then swapped the controller back and got the controller updated and finally all were working fine
Seen those instruction a while back already. tried it endless times but never anything updated. The scooter just connects and the app opens like always.

Tried with the clone board that has no external port and 3 different rental boards.

Got my hands on a WIND scooter where the serial on the board does not match to the scooter. Resulting in the error 35 code. Guess the GPS module overwrote this error code and made the scooter functional.
By serrt2
nononon you all got it wrong I flashed the control board and used a new dash :) The board lights but wont do anything not even connect to the app. Its pretty much a brick atm. Seems like the fw on github is missing something.

MikeSnow wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:28 am
Ricardo Silva wrote:
baboon63 wrote:

turn on your dashboard
then try this all again.
I flashed it but nothing happened. My hope was to get something different out of it although I didn't have an original dash. There are so many out there with original dash so I asked if someone else could follow the guide and just flash their controller and check, so much faster than ordering a new dash from china. I guess it doesn't work so I started working on a custom firmware for the controller instead.
By Ricardo Silva
Ok, here’s a kinda stupid question. I’ve read about it somewhere, and i’m trying to explore every option:

Did any of you try to use/ride the scooter without the second battery installed? Just unscrew, remove it and tell me if it’s the same result. With whatever board you have and a replacement dash, that is.

The reason for this is that ninebot is, apparentely, trying to stop people from buying the cheaper ES2 and then upgrade it to a ES4 with a second hand battery. And the “ :evil: :evil: :evil: “ error 50 is about the two BMS’s serials not matching, not the board, hub or whatever.
By MikeLee
Ricardo Silva wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Ok, here’s a kinda stupid question. I’ve read about it somewhere, and i’m trying to explore every option:

Did any of you try to use/ride the scooter without the second battery installed? Just unscrew, remove it and tell me if it’s the same result. With whatever board you have and a replacement dash, that is.

The reason for this is that ninebot is, apparentely, trying to stop people from buying the cheaper ES2 and then upgrade it to a ES4 with a second hand battery. And the “ :evil: :evil: :evil: “ error 50 is about the two BMS’s serials not matching, not the board, hub or whatever.
error 50 is the battery serial number not macthing,right.
Need to update with app bms only not update firmware of scooter,or speed will increase
By Ricardo Silva
MikeLee wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Ricardo Silva wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 pm

error 50 is the battery serial number not macthing,right.
Need to update with app bms only not update firmware of scooter,or speed will increase
Did you manage to do it? Is it possible?
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?