An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Hi,
I have reflashed the ESC board of the Ninebot ES2 with the https://github.com/Ch4rlus/ninebot_firmware firmware with the St-lINK v2.
Now the board doesn't blink any LED,and it doesn't respond to the requests(Version and Battery State) from the Dashboard, I have tested the BOOT 0 state and keeps at 0(GND) so it won't upload the code as it must be at 1(HIGH) to upload, so, someone knows how to switch the BOOT 0 state on the Ninebot Blue ESC Board?

Thank you so much
Hey there,

here in Berlin Voi just started with a couple hundred scooters.. I was curious how they work and .. yeah. :mrgreen:
The local scooters seem to be a bit different to the ones in this thread, as Germany regulatory require them to have a few safety features more (like front & and back reflectors, lights on the tail..). The model name is "Voiager 1".

After a first look I have a couple of questions:

- Can someone tell me which base (es2 or es4) this should be?
- Where is the controller located? Maybe In the box in the front is just the GPS over GSM tracker (pictures attached)
=> The GPS tracker board seems to be a bit longer and has 2 SMC antennas (GPS, GSM), and connects by a
5 pin plug. If you connect this board the battery display (picture attached) on top of the steering bar lights up.
Is it possible that this is as well the controller?

Last edited by BehrWtf6 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Update to the Voi Scooter in Berlin -

After fiddling around with the GPS tracker I came to the conclusion that the bluetooth module also sits on this board, as I was able to verify this with a bluetooth scanner and the tracker PCB connected to it's backup battery - located in a different room than the scooter itself.

Can this still be a Segway version just with deactivated on-board bluetooth so this is done by the tracker?
Or maybe a completely different scooter and developed by Voi?

Another update:

Voi’s “Voiager 1”, which has been designed in Sweden but is manufactured by Chinese firm HongJi, has brakes, indicator lights, a more durable drive chain and can withstand much greater impact. While its current scooters reportedly only last for six weeks on the streets (although Soderberg claims they last longer than that), this could drastically improve Voi’s margins.

Source: https://sifted.eu/articles/scooter-star ... -hardware/

So, it's not a Segway and probably needs a completely new exploit path. :(
Hi

Several people on this topic say that it is not necessary to change the controller scooters ninebot (Tier, Voi, Wind, etc ...), so I listened to them. I bought an ST-Link, I flashed the dashboard with the default OS of ninebot and then I reassembled everything. However after having all reassembled, the dashboard turns on but does not display the battery bar, the taillights flash constantly, can not accelerate and when I connect to the Segway application I have an error concerning the drums.
Anyone know if I did something wrong?

Thank you in advance.
Stradonitz wrote:Hi

Several people on this topic say that it is not necessary to change the controller scooters ninebot (Tier, Voi, Wind, etc ...), so I listened to them. I bought an ST-Link, I flashed the dashboard with the default OS of ninebot and then I reassembled everything. However after having all reassembled, the dashboard turns on but does not display the battery bar, the taillights flash constantly, can not accelerate and when I connect to the Segway application I have an error concerning the drums.
Anyone know if I did something wrong?

Thank you in advance.
When you reflashed the controller, there was a green led flashing?
If don't, you haven't uploaded the new firmware, that's exactly what happened to me, you erase the memory, but don't upload the new one, it is due to the BOOT 0 pin wiring.
Kiki626 wrote:Can you describe where the BOOT 0 pin wiring is? Is this the same as the memory write protection? A pic or screenshot would be really great!
I don't know, I have posted three messages asking if anyone know that, but I had no response.
It is the pin 5 starting from the left of the top pins of the STM32F103C8 MCU
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?