An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
JUMP dash replaced with the proven es2 eBay units DID NOT work on es4 from what I’ve seen. Annoying for those working on the es4. Try another eBay dash or what is the best practice here? Flash firmware? Is a control board plus dash the safest way to go?
Last edited by CarreraFour on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarreraFour wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 pm
JUMP dash replaced with the proven es2 eBay units DID NOT work on es4 from what I’ve seen. Annoying for those working on the es4. Try another eBay dash or what is the best practice here? Flash firmware? Is a. New control board the safest way to go?
Did you just change the dash and not the controller to?
I didn't notice anybody mention this yet but the Russians have already been pissed long ago about this. The ninebot app prompts you to update firmware and when you do speed limiting is amongst a bunch of other undesirable effects that are carrying over into the consumer product. Ninebot also made it very hard to rollback the firmware per the scooter share companies request, so the Russians created an app for Android. You have to roll back the batteries first then the controller and the ble but after allows you to use a variety of apps to control the firmware, basically giving consumers the full access that they paid for and we exploit :lol:
NomadMech wrote:I didn't notice anybody mention this yet but the Russians have already been pissed long ago about this. The ninebot app prompts you to update firmware and when you do speed limiting is amongst a bunch of other undesirable effects that are carrying over into the consumer product. Ninebot also made it very hard to rollback the firmware per the scooter share companies request, so the Russians created an app for Android. You have to roll back the batteries first then the controller and the ble but after allows you to use a variety of apps to control the firmware, basically giving consumers the full access that they paid for and we exploit :lol:

Do you have a link too the app?
https://mimod.ru/en_US/products/
Same people who have facilitated the custom firmware revolution on the m365. I do warn you however, this is fairly advanced and not a plug & play type deal. If you're not up to date or unable to follow why this may be useful, give up now. For those of you looking for full functionality, without spending $ & using only scooter share parts, I believe our answer lies within. The ES is the only model I know of at this point which supports this idea but as my target audience knows, there are limitations to swapping parts from one brand to the other. I feel like we've been stuck for months, I would like to have access to the the firmware so we can wipe and reinstall. This should make it to where dashboards have displays, connectivity is possible and from there, we're covered. The issue I run into is the fact that the ES models and 365's for that matter are all integrated systems. Need to be able to rollback the firmware to before xiaomi/Ninebot were willing to effect ALL users for the scooter shares benefit. They have limited functionality forcing even those with legitimate app access to update firmware and once updated, it WAS impossible to rollback. The speed is limited amongst other issues, that have made people who paid 700 for a consumer model search for an answer. Including the crazy Russians! While it seems the Ruskies still prefer the 365, they just like to hack. There is LOTS of info out there, much of it specific to this topic but you have to be willing to search and do LOTS of reading. Most of it translated from Russian making it hard reading (makes my brain hurt). The latest I have read, resulted in limited success and required soldering a data port onto the dash. Then with the use of a PC and a special designed program, they were able to wipe and reinstall, with minimal bugs. I will continue to post my links here as long as there is interest and people continue to report their findings as we move along. As long as there is interest and we all work together, it's well worth my time. The scoot companies are getting hip to what is going on and designing purpose built scoots set to launch anytime. When this happens, they will pull the consumer models and the fun is over. Important that we get it now, while we can.
NomadMech wrote:https://mimod.ru/en_US/products/
Same people who have facilitated the custom firmware revolution on the m365. I do warn you however, this is fairly advanced and not a plug & play type deal. If you're not up to date or unable to follow why this may be useful, give up now. For those of you looking for full functionality, without spending $ & using only scooter share parts, I believe our answer lies within. The ES is the only model I know of at this point which supports this idea but as my target audience knows, there are limitations to swapping parts from one brand to the other. I feel like we've been stuck for months, I would like to have access to the the firmware so we can wipe and reinstall. This should make it to where dashboards have displays, connectivity is possible and from there, we're covered. The issue I run into is the fact that the ES models and 365's for that matter are all integrated systems. Need to be able to rollback the firmware to before xiaomi/Ninebot were willing to effect ALL users for the scooter shares benefit. They have limited functionality forcing even those with legitimate app access to update firmware and once updated, it WAS impossible to rollback. The speed is limited amongst other issues, that have made people who paid 700 for a consumer model search for an answer. Including the crazy Russians! While it seems the Ruskies still prefer the 365, they just like to hack. There is LOTS of info out there, much of it specific to this topic but you have to be willing to search and do LOTS of reading. Most of it translated from Russian making it hard reading (makes my brain hurt). The latest I have read, resulted in limited success and required soldering a data port onto the dash. Then with the use of a PC and a special designed program, they were able to wipe and reinstall, with minimal bugs. I will continue to post my links here as long as there is interest and people continue to report their findings as we move along. As long as there is interest and we all work together, it's well worth my time. The scoot companies are getting hip to what is going on and designing purpose built scoots set to launch anytime. When this happens, they will pull the consumer models and the fun is over. Important that we get it now, while we can.
I would like to have a copy of the stock code for the STM chip. The idea is too remove the STM chip from a locked controller and replace it with a blank one and program that with the stock firmware. But cant do that until i get the firmware.
Dandy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:12 pm
NomadMech wrote:https://mimod.ru/en_US/products/
If that apk is anything similar to the m365 version, why not go for a genuine dash that can use BT to flash using that Russian app? Those purpose built scooters have been out already? It's called Bird Zero. Lime has been purpose built since day 1.

I would like to have a copy of the stock code for the STM chip. The idea is too remove the STM chip from a locked controller and replace it with a blank one and program that with the stock firmware. But cant do that until i get the firmware.
Is there a way to extract this from the hardware?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]