An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Something recently changed with the controllers with Birds lately. i have bought several birds at auction, and i have used the same dashboard from the same seller.

Recently i acquired a bird that looked newer, and had the cage to protect the battery and when i attached the dashboard it would not charge. i even took the dashboard off a scooter that was operational and it didnt work on the newer scooter. I think Bird changed the firmware or something because i cant even connect to the dashboard.

Anyone have any bright ideas?
Well maybe I can get a idea of what I'm doing wrong from some one here, so I'll give everyone the condensed version first; I've currently have in my possession two birds with the GPS box where the dash boards should be, I also have 4 dashboards retrieved from "jump" scooters and i have successfully refreshed segway OEM firmware on those dash boards. I know they've been properly flashed cause they work perfectly on my neighbors es4s, through the app and everything. Two of them I've connected new dash immediately after removing GPS box, ths other two I've disconnected the ESC from the battery first before connected the dashboards. All resulted in the same outcome, I press power button and for about 7 seconds everything looks fine until the dash flashes a error 10 at me till it shuts itself down. Anyone have a solution? If a firmware flashing on the ESC is needed can anyone point me to a concise guide on how to? If you need pictures or a more in depth explanation let me know. Thanks
Hi, new impound bird ES2 owner here.

I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JM ... UTF8&psc=1 today and after installing it doesn't seem to be working

the dashboard powers on, makes a beep when starting, but it doesn't accelerate and the lights flash red for a second.
I tried connecting to the segway app, and it seems like it would connect by making a beep when I select it in the app, but then gives me an error that it "could not connect, please try again".

If I could get some help, that'd be amazing, thanks!
Ninten wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:41 am
Hi, new impound bird ES2 owner here.

I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JM ... UTF8&psc=1 today and after installing it doesn't seem to be working

the dashboard powers on, makes a beep when starting, but it doesn't accelerate and the lights flash red for a second.
I tried connecting to the segway app, and it seems like it would connect by making a beep when I select it in the app, but then gives me an error that it "could not connect, please try again".

If I could get some help, that'd be amazing, thanks!
seems like we have the same problem bird changed something now we probably need a new controller unless this one can be flashed. no clue how to do that though
Yep. I just tried two clone boards on a Bird ES2 and I get the same... Powers on, but does not work and shuts itself down in about two minutes. Headlight and bluetooth don't work either.

My ST-Link and logic hook probes just arrived so I guess it's time to learn the dark arts of flashing controller(s).
Freebird wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 pm
Yep. I just tried two clone boards on a Bird ES2 and I get the same... Powers on, but does not work and shuts itself down in about two minutes. Headlight and bluetooth don't work either.

My ST-Link and logic hook probes just arrived so I guess it's time to learn the dark arts of flashing controller(s).
Are you using this guide? https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15
If flashing it is easy, I might just do that since it's way cheaper, if not I guess I'll have to buy the control board.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]