An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By DavieBoiii
humanbeing21 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:42 pm
DavieBoiii wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:56 am
Is there any way just resetting motherboard?

I can't get the motherboard show up in ninebot app. But I find it showing up as a Bluetooth device.

It is programmed to one of the scooter renters. It is a st1-st4 motherboard.

There must be a way to reflash with some app or something?
Did you hookup a stock dash?
No, I need to order a stock dash first.

But i wanted to ask before if I can just reset the dashboard that was inside the rental scooter some way?

Or maybe desolder chip with an empty chip?

Feels unnecessary to replace whole working board with new one.

I can see it as Bluetooth device with company name. But I can't connect it to ninebot. Is there any software that can reflash it through Bluetooth maybe?
By MarcusRab
Should the replacement of the dashboard be done when the scooter is completely dead or is there an easy way for me to disconnect the battery before dashboard replacement?

I charged the scooter to 100% to test if it held charge \ worked.
By DavieBoiii
humanbeing21 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:24 pm
Did you come across a Bird with a dash instead of a box top or something?

Seems like you are over complicating this. Try performing a reset by disconnecting the battery.
Yeah. It looks just like a stock es4. The bigger difference from the stock es4 and this one is that it has a tracker attached with a cable to the control board. Control board colour is blue.

The head dashboard is just like the original, the board colour is green. I have tried disconnecting battery for more than 1 hour. But still same result. The Bluetooth name is still company's.
By Stephaluche
Hi

Just bought an used ES2 which seems to be an old bird scooter. That would explain the good price.
Problem, i cannot connect via bluetooth to the scooter. I cannot even turn it off ( for this i need to unplug the battery). Scooter wont move (red lights). DO i need to change the dashboard only or also the control board ?

I dont see any trace of lime or bird brand. Just a hole with a cable which makes me think that it was used for the gps module.

Tks
Last edited by Stephaluche on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By druinthor
Stephaluche wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 am
Hi

Just bought an used ES2 which seems to be an old bird scooter. That would explain the good price.
Problem, i cannot connect via bluetooth to the scooter. I cannot even turn it off ( for this i need to unplug the battery). Scooter wont move (red lights). DO i need to change the control board only or also the control board ?

I dont see any trace of lime or bird brand. Just a hole with a cable which makes me think that it was used for the gps module.

Tks
Post some pictures so we can see what your working with.
By xian06
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:00 pm
Segway's App

The app isn't required to use this scooter. If you do not connect the scooter to your phone it will remain unlocked and you'll be able to ride it without issue.

I can connect the app to the scooter but I can't rename the scooter nor do I have the Light settings to control the LEDs.

Any idea?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]