An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By bilzbub
Ever try swapping the windz handlebars with dash intact with bird bars with dash attached? I think you'll be pleased with the results.. save yourself some trouble..
Sabadello wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:02 pm
Hey guys!
Anyone been out for this strange thing with KERS after replacing the control board and dash?

After the swap it ran successfully for 3-5minutes and when I e-braked from maximum speed it had a strange move and after that the front wheel was stuck in almost like an soft e-brake was engaged all the time. Not responding to throttle, but dash and brake light still works as designed.

When disconnecting the blue/yellow/brown thick cables to the hub motor, the electro magnetic resistans stops. If plugging it in again = it's still there.

Have I fried the control board when regenerating braking? After all.. it's Chinese parts (not the cheapest though). The scooter doesn't even have to be powered on to have the electro magnetic resistans.

EDIT:
Yep, it did burn

Were you able to repair the burned control board? I have a Ninebot that also locked up the same way.
By Kim732
proplane64 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 am
I have a Bird ES4 scooter (per the label on the bottom, but there are no undercarriage track lights, so who knows!? Maybe it's an ES2). I removed the Bird GPS unit and replaced the Bird dash with a replacement dash (link at bottom) - I did not reconnect the headlight (do I need to reconnect the headlight at all or can I leave it unplugged?). The top 3 lights on the dash turn on (white) and the 4th light turns on as green (which I read indicates ECO mode). Most of the scooter apps connect to the scooter, but display no data (no serial numbers, no version/firmware info, no battery info). Hitting the throttle does nothing - I haven't reconnected all of the parts to make it a physically rideable scooter yet but tried pushing off manually and hitting throttle, but still nothing. Brake lights do not come on at any point. Any ideas?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4D1BYW
Did you figure it out? I had the same problem
Hello friends. I have in mind to make a grin scooter personal. It is similar to the bird (es2 without GPS box). the GPS I think is inside somewhere but I don't know where. I don't have photos because I don't have the scooter yet. could anyone guide me? 1st where is the GPS? 2nd how do I deactivate it? 3rd on deactivation does the mainboard stop working? I plan to flash the firmware with st link 2v. Thank you very much, I hope your help.

Update: photo
I'm new to this kind of thing, but I just hooked up my new dashboard and it came on but there was no battery meter. I decided to take out the control board ( which was really lodged in there ) and it smelled if magix smoke. So I am returning the dash and buying a combo controller and dash that's supposed to just work. I'll keep you all posted. Wish me luck. :D
hi i tried just to chang out the handelbar display and kept the "main control board.
it worked but i couldn't change to the red sport mode. it just stood to the regulare sport mode and i could change nothing on the app.
do any know a work around without changing out the main controllboard
k3nny wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:53 am
hi i tried just to chang out the handelbar display and kept the "main control board.
it worked but i couldn't change to the red sport mode. it just stood to the regulare sport mode and i could change nothing on the app.
do any know a work around without changing out the main controllboard
Did u put a clone dashboard? And how did you managed to unlock the scooter if u can't connect via bt to scooter?
By Whokwhok
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:40 pm
Tools Needed for the Hack

Update 01/10/2019:

You will need security bits to take the scooter apart and linked below is the recommended tool kit. It includes all the bits you'll need to disassemble any scooter.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-10048A-Sec ... uage=en_US

Thank you to @bikeaddiction for finding this!
I did it but it's not going do u have to update firmware before you use ? Or is there any other wire harness like Lyft scooter have wire harness at bottom ??

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]