An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
Learn how to hack the Segway Ninebot ES2 firmware. This speed hack will spice up your Ninebot scooter!

After the success of hacking Bird's Xiaomi Mijia M365 scooter I wanted to try doing it again with their Segway Ninebot model.

You can check out the Xiaomi Mijia M365 scooter hack here.

The process was the same.
(1) Buy OEM parts from eBay.
(2) Take off Bird's hardware.
(3) Install purchased items.
(4) Download the app.

With little surprise it worked right away and took 30 mins to complete. The difficulty level is low and similar to the M365 model. This was a plug in play and required no soldering.

Here is the dashboard I purchased.
Black Original circuit board Dashboard For Ninebot ES2 Foldable Electric Scooter

eBay dashboard installed.

Bird hardware removed.

eBay dashboard installed and Bird harness in the background.
Last edited by humanbeing21 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
By humanbeing21
Tools Needed for the Hack

Update 01/10/2019:

You will need security bits to take the scooter apart and linked below is the recommended tool kit. It includes all the bits you'll need to disassemble any scooter.

https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-10048A-Sec ... uage=en_US

Thank you to @bikeaddiction for finding this!
Last edited by humanbeing21 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By humanbeing21
Segway's App

The app isn't required to use this scooter. If you do not connect the scooter to your phone it will remain unlocked and you'll be able to ride it without issue.

Download the app: Some cool features found in the app.

The app has a section to change the light pattern.

Here is another screen with some cool features.
By druinthor
@humanbeing21 The dashboard you purchased looks similar to the ones used on the Lime scooters. If they are the same are you suggesting we can take a dash from the Lime and install it on a Bird to hack the scooter?
By DavieBoiii
Is there any way just resetting motherboard?

I can't get the motherboard show up in ninebot app. But I find it showing up as a Bluetooth device.

It is programmed to one of the scooter renters. It is a st1-st4 motherboard.

There must be a way to reflash with some app or something?
By humanbeing21
DavieBoiii wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:56 am
Is there any way just resetting motherboard?

I can't get the motherboard show up in ninebot app. But I find it showing up as a Bluetooth device.

It is programmed to one of the scooter renters. It is a st1-st4 motherboard.

There must be a way to reflash with some app or something?
Did you hookup a stock dash?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]