An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Introduce yourself, meet people, be nice :)
By SKIPzophrenic
Hi everyone!

Two years ago I quit my job at Ubreakifix to start a path of side hustling. I had already been approved for Lyft back in 2013 and when I finally got a car I felt more than liberated. Fast forward to today, I've done over 2,000 Lyft trips, 2,000 UberEATS deliveries, 2,000 scooters (lime/bird/skip/spin). Last year I worked with over 90 dogs in a nine month period through the Rover app, I was #1 on the search results for DC for serval months in a row. At this point I'm actively signed up on 14 different side hustle apps. When I first started scooters I was supplementing the income with dog walks, grabbing scooters while walking dogs. I'd strategically schedule on demand walks (on the Rover and WAG apps) late afternoon, in areas I knew scooters would be appearing.

Using my Prius I've been doing scooters since I started for lime on June 20th. By August 19th I had started on bird, 60 days into the scooter gig I did my 1,000th scooter and had made about $7,200 in total, half of that within the last two weeks. At this point I've figured out how to safely transport way more scooters in my Prius than I'd ever thought possible. I hope everyone else is having lots of fun and making good money out there.
By guisar
Motivating story. I was doing Uber/Lyft and recently switched my time to Bird/Lime. I’m still working my day job though but have thought about quitting and focusing on side hustles like you. What’s stopping me is the garuntee that a side hustle will last.

Maybe that’s why you’re spreading your time between several. That way if one shuts down you can fall back on the others.

Out of all your side hustles which one pays the most per hour?
By SKIPzophrenic
Yeah the entire approach I used was not having to be beholden to any particular app. If one app terminated me I was going to switch to another and sign up for two more, like a Hydra. Fortunately I never had to do that. I enrolled in Rover just before I got in a car accident and could no longer use my vehicle for Lyft/Uber (the only other apps I was on at the time). Fortunately for me I was in a large house in NW DC and I was able to start boarding 4-5 dogs a night making $200-300 just to hang out with awesome dogs. That eventually stopped when the roommate environment became less than favorable.

The real break thru was working multiple apps at once, or what I now call multi appsing. I would run the clock on UberEATS deliveries while I did Postmates deliveries and then grabbed scooters. I started grabbing scooters while walking dogs and when I hit the $50/hour threshold it was a really satisfying moment. Dogs and scooters pay the most.
By Darcness777
You really have me considering getting a Prius. I was doing Uber until my 2010 vehicle became to old to pick up riders at the airport. Airport rides used to be my bread and butter. Once this was gone I started looking for something else and started doing Bird. I can get 10 Birds in my Camry pretty easily but you are doubling this!
By SKIPzophrenic
Thank you! I know that using my technique some guy was able to get 14 lime scooters in his 2-door VW Golf. I basically doubled his income potential with one photograph. Pretty crazy. I don't want to be known as the guy who gets people to buy Prius's, but if it happens...i guess it's not the worst title 😂 I'm in the best shape of my life at 31, and my wallet has never been happier.
By SKIPzophrenic
[quote=guisar post_id=2520 time=1543014848 user_id=60]
Motivating story. I was doing Uber/Lyft and recently switched my time to Bird/Lime. I’m still working my day job though but have thought about quitting and focusing on side hustles like you. What’s stopping me is the garuntee that a side hustle will last.

Maybe that’s why you’re spreading your time between several. That way if one shuts down you can fall back on the others.

Out of all your side hustles which one pays the most per hour?
[/quote]

I still have dog boarding clients trying to contact me and it's been a year since I stopped. On Rover I would hit my limits every week, and it got to the point where I was fully booked up for the entire month before the month even started. I'd already know how much I was going to earn. It was solid AF. I actually heard about it from a Lyft passenger, their girlfriend boarded ONE DOG for ONE MONTH for ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Two months into my Rover gig and I had a booking for $1,000 for one dog for one month. Old dog, got along with everyone. Easy as pie.
By FrWix
SKIPzophrenic wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:33 pm
Thank you! I know that using my technique some guy was able to get 14 lime scooters in his 2-door VW Golf. I basically doubled his income potential with one photograph. Pretty crazy. I don't want to be known as the guy who gets people to buy Prius's, but if it happens...i guess it's not the worst title 😂 I'm in the best shape of my life at 31, and my wallet has never been happier.
What is the secret for fitting scooters? I drive a Gulf also and the best I have done is 9 and that was not easy.
By SKIPzophrenic
@FrWix if this site would let me share a freaking picture... Lol.

The guy made a follow-up Reddit post, search for 14 limes in a VW golf. You gotta remove the headrests from the rear seats and invert the scooters on their side. Load through the passenger door. For example, with my Prius, 60-70% of the scooters I load go through my rear passenger door, not the huge trunk opening. Crazy enough to work, which it does, perfectly.
By humanbeing21
@SKIPzophrenic check out the upload feature below the reply. It’s super easy. I’ve been uploading pictures all day! I don’t know when they added it and it was a pain in the *ss before.
By SKIPzophrenic
@humanbeing21 I'm about to be at WiFi cuz we don't have home cable/internet and I don't have high speed data, but in the past its always given me an error message about file size. I'll try it though

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]