An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Introduce yourself, meet people, be nice :)
By SpaceKaseJase
Just a little bit about me: I'm a 46-year-old PE teacher for elementary school. I'm into fitness, collecting Transformers figures, playing Destiny 2, and scootin' around. I've been happily married for 21 years, and we have three "children" (two in hs and one in college).

I got bit by the escooter bug a few years ago when I saw someone throwing away a Razor e300s. Being the tinkerer, customizer, and "repurposer" I am, I decided to fix it up and try it out. It was fun, but a bit too slow. Got a good deal on a 36v brushed motor and new controller; I added an extra SLA battery to go from 24v to 36v. At about 18 mph, it was fun, but still not fast enough nor did it last. I was also a pretty hefty guy back then, so that didn't help. Here are some pics my project (it's currently collecting dust, btw): ;)

A little over a year ago I decided I wanted something with some kick. I purchased a used "Super 1000w Turbo" scooter for about $300 (expensive, I know--but it came with an extra battery). It's basically a "Chihui" Chinese scooter. Though it went 18-20 mph and lasted longer than my e300, I still wanted more speed. With lots of help from people from a now defunct scooter forum, I upgraded and modified the crap out of this thing. Original specs include 36v SLA batteries, 36v motor and controller, dual suspension. And dual disk brakes. New specs are 12s 48v lipo batteries (16000 mah), a Kelly KBS48121X programmable brushless motor controller, a Boma 48v brushless inrunner motor, and various accessories such as lipo buzzers, and voltmeters. It goes 32 mph, and lasts 10-15 miles depending on how hard I ride it. I also customized the color, made my own voltmeter that sits in the pad up front, and grafted a handlebar stem from an old BladeZ scooter to raise it a bit for comfort. Here are some pics:

Feel free to ask me any questions about my projects, and I hope I can get some cool ideas from this group. Thanks for accepting me.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]