An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Introduce yourself, meet people, be nice :)
By Nyt_Muves
Hi. I am new to scootering. I work Monday through Friday in downtown Los Angeles and weekends inPhoenix Arizona. I became interested when I tried out the scooter sharing services in and around Los Angeles. As I ended up really enjoying the scooter riding, I have been renting them very frequently. I have now come to the point where I am ready to purchase my own as it would be more cost effective and far more convenient as I will not have to hunt around for scooters all the time.

I am hoping to find information to help me decide what to purchase and which units can have performance enhancements.
By Pez
Sunny Arizona ....That’s an understatement ..I’m in Az and it’s going to be hotter than Hell here in two weeks .. Not to sure how the scooter share will handle the heat . Jump has already taken their line of share offline due to over heating issues .,, Lyft has also run into same Issues , brushless motor on the hot streets just bakes the sh*t out of it . I would have to say go with the old standby that will never let you down . Most bang for your Buck = The M365 flashed with firmware air tires for a great ride •solid tires not the way to go . Heat transfer right to the heart of motor .
By Nyt_Muves
I’m thinking the M365. I’m actually looking for one to keep in my apartment in downtown LA. I usually drive around Phoenix.
By surveyorandrew
Nyt_Muves wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:13 pm
My other main consideration is the ES4. it’s a bit more money and I’m wondering if it’s worth it. Thoughts?
My preference is the M365. @Pez is right about the air tires giving a better ride. The solid plastic tires on the ES4 don't take bumps well. Also, the M365 has a mechanical brake which is more reliable than the ES4's electronic break.

They just came out with the M365 Pro but it doesn't appear to be available in the US yet.

Here's a link to Amazon with the M365 listed for $499.
Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter, 18.6 Miles Long-range Battery, Up to 15.5 MPH, Easy Fold-n-Carry Design, Ultra-Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter (US Version with Warranty)

The Ninebot is on Amazon too but for $799. It does have a higher range of 28 miles and top speed of 18.6 mph though.
Segway Ninebot ES4 KickScooter w 2nd Battery - Pro Electric Kick Scooter for Adults Offroad - Folding e-Scooter with Upgraded Motor
By Nyt_Muves
Yes. I have seen the m365 pro on eBay. Looks like the main difference is a fancier dash and $200 higher price. Haven’t found a good review.
By Nyt_Muves
I found 2 slightly used M365 scooters in the phoenix area. Purchased both. Have them with me in LA now.

I see info all over about doing a bird zero motor swap for increased power but for the life of me I cannot find a place on line to buy parts for the bird zero. Really surprising as the M365 parts are easy to come by.

Part of the reason I went used is that I can tinker now without worrying about warranty. Also for the much lower cost I am not afraid to experiment. If I had just dropped $500 each on them I would be much more reluctant.

Any suggestions on a source for bird zero motors to swap in?

Thx
By Ben J
No surprise, Bird Zero is proprietary construction for Bird.
If you want to get that specific motor (and buy it new). Firstly you need to find out what company manufactures that motor and see if its available from the usual Chinese online sellers/scumbags.
Nyt_Muves wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:14 pm
I found 2 slightly used M365 scooters in the phoenix area. Purchased both. Have them with me in LA now.

I see info all over about doing a bird zero motor swap for increased power but for the life of me I cannot find a place on line to buy parts for the bird zero. Really surprising as the M365 parts are easy to come by.

Part of the reason I went used is that I can tinker now without worrying about warranty. Also for the much lower cost I am not afraid to experiment. If I had just dropped $500 each on them I would be much more reluctant.

Any suggestions on a source for bird zero motors to swap in?

Thx

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]