An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
Not scooters, but infuriating nonetheless. Been after this story for months and only a few days ago had a chance to chat with a Lime employee who actually witnessed it first hand:

https://bikesharemuseum.com/they-cut-the-limebikes-up/

Hope this hasn't already happened with the Lime-E's. There were quite a few of them in Orlando as of January of this year.
Got a link, Teslaguy?

I see brand-new Gen 2.5 decks being sold by one seller that seems to deal in various bulk goods, but nothing directly from Lime with the Gen 1's.

If that's the case, it sounds odd, unless they think that liability could be put on Segway since it's mostly an unmodded Ninebot.

EDIT: Found them. They're all over the place listed as ES4s with white headtubes and green accents from California sellers. Most critically, there isn't a single Lime logo or reference to Lime anywhere on these scooters, or even the bulk packaging. That alone is why they sold them off - there's nothing physically written on these scooters to tie Lime to them.

The bikes, by comparison, have their decals set under a clearcoat. Not that it should be an excuse to scrap them, but likely was.
The scooters from the California have Lime logs all over them if you pop off those covers near the handlebars. A seller told me that. There's also a lime logo kn the power button. I heard that all the scooters are from some California auction house.
Teslaguy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 pm
The scooters from the California have Lime logs all over them if you pop off those covers near the handlebars. A seller told me that. There's also a lime logo kn the power button. I heard that all the scooters are from some California auction house.
I'd love to know the circumstances behind that California auction. Wonder if they never made it to Lime in the first place, or if Lime failed to pay their rent on warehouse space.
Bike Share Museum wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:58 pm
Teslaguy wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:43 pm
I'd love to know the circumstances behind that California auction. Wonder if they never made it to Lime in the first place, or if Lime failed to pay their rent on warehouse space.
Based on Lime's questionable business practices, both are totally possible. They may have cancelled an order that was en route when they were switching to the 2.5 gen scooters. They could have also rented out a warehouse/storage facility for the sole purpose of ditching those scooters they no longer needed. It's probably cheaper to do that than pay for recycling.
Teslaguy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:30 am
Based on Lime's questionable business practices, both are totally possible. They may have cancelled an order that was en route when they were switching to the 2.5 gen scooters. They could have also rented out a warehouse/storage facility for the sole purpose of ditching those scooters they no longer needed. It's probably cheaper to do that than pay for recycling.
"What? An order of last generation scooters, FOB LimeBike, Los Angeles docks, freight collect? What an outrage. Don't pay it."

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]