An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
By stef_stef
Hi guys,

Hopefully the corona situation threat dies out and next month we get the annual lost/forgotten bike sale by the municipality. Since I have already acquired a scooter last year, am hoping to find one of those Jump bikes there.

So, question would be has anyone managed to successfully to convert those?
By Teslaguy
I haven't converted one, but all you really need is a generic speed controller. They can be had for around $30 on Amazon or eBay. The Bafang controllers are slightly more expensive, but allow for better screen and interfacing options.
By Teslaguy
You probably don't need to remove the battery, and you can't since it's a structural part of the frame. There should be a charge port, I just don't know where it is.
By stef_stef
Teslaguy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:31 pm
You probably don't need to remove the battery, and you can't since it's a structural part of the frame. There should be a charge port, I just don't know where it is.
There is a key to remove the battery. One of their selling points for those bikes is that you can just replace the batt instead of taking the bike for charging.

ANyone maybe has some sort of manual?
By Teslaguy
Basically, you're going to need to bypass the key mechanism. So there are two options:
A) Pick the lock - this is pretty difficult though!
B) Drill out the lock - easy but you're likely going to wear out that drill bit and definitely destroy the lock, but you definitely can replace the lock cylinder if you have the time and know how
By Bike Share Museum
I will gladly pay whatever it costs to purchase one - or two - of these (doesn't matter whether it's the 5.0 or 6.0 model) if they come up for auction. I will also cover the cost of shipping - for a complete photo documentation of the teardown.

I expect them to have a similar one-piece controller and battery brick built into the downtube, given the design - especially since the 6.0 also resulted in an increase in the downtube's overall size.

Also very interested in a Lime-E as well, if any show up.
By RicardoScooter
I Already bought one here in my city, they had several lime scooters and 2 jump bikes.
I Can post pictures if needed, the mais problem is the battery, its a 36v 10s4p custom made battery for uber, it has a unique BMS in it that connects to the bike controller placed inside the headstock AND the board on the handlebar that contais the gsm/sim module, if the controller does not communicate with both controller and sim board (probably to receive a message/code from uber servers) the battery BMS will stop charging, the cheeky Uber tech designers made this to prevent expensive batteries gone missing.
By Bike Share Museum
RicardoScooter wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:40 pm
I Already bought one here in my city, they had several lime scooters and 2 jump bikes.
I Can post pictures if needed, the mais problem is the battery, its a 36v 10s4p custom made battery for uber, it has a unique BMS in it that connects to the bike controller placed inside the headstock AND the board on the handlebar that contais the gsm/sim module, if the controller does not communicate with both controller and sim board (probably to receive a message/code from uber servers) the battery BMS will stop charging, the cheeky Uber tech designers made this to prevent expensive batteries gone missing.
Is it caked in silicone so much that it's more trouble than its worth to re-solder the sensing leads to a new BMS?

And any chance the other bike may still be available? Or if you get bored with yours, let me know. I'm 100% game.

Incidentally, I've been speaking with one recycler in the industry, and it appears - given the Lime/Jump merger - the remaining bicycles will probably be scrapped in the next three weeks or so - Lime has no interest in continuing any e-bike operations. The wheelsets are already showing up on eBay for sale.

-Kurt

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]