An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
Flash_beezy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:51 am
David Banner wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am
You can’t buy the consumer version anymore. Wheels has an exclusive partnership with iWalk now.

They all come with RFID cards and that’s how they unlock.

Easy to steal and take home. Not so easy to get going. I have some that I ride around for free, but I have the original matching RFID cards to them.
Clone the cards or share with all of us lol
Cloning the cards would be useless as they would only work with 1 bike. Ive tried hundreds... each bike has a unique IC card and code.
David Banner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:12 pm
Flash_beezy wrote:
David Banner wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am
You can’t buy the consumer version anymore. Wheels has an exclusive partnership with iWalk now.

They all come with RFID cards and that’s how they unlock.

Easy to steal and take home. Not so easy to get going. I have some that I ride around for free, but I have the original matching RFID cards to them.
Cloning the cards would be useless as they would only work with 1 bike. Ive tried hundreds... each bike has a unique IC card and code.

I downloaded the app on my iPhone and like you said it's useless, only way to get these to work at this point is a generic speed controller huh?
Flash_beezy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:29 am
David Banner wrote:
Flash_beezy wrote:

I downloaded the app on my iPhone and like you said it's useless, only way to get these to work at this point is a generic speed controller huh?
I feel like there are still some options. Each card has a sticker and a # on it. That number matches the number printed on a piece of paper on the back of the control board.

Maybe someone can figure out bluetooth/rfid connectivity with that info. I have tried, but I don't know enough about the topic.
David Banner wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:34 pm
Flash_beezy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:29 am
David Banner wrote:

I feel like there are still some options. Each card has a sticker and a # on it. That number matches the number printed on a piece of paper on the back of the control board.

Maybe someone can figure out bluetooth/rfid connectivity with that info. I have tried, but I don't know enough about the topic.
Tried sending you a pm about the boards you had, let me know I'm interested it's in my outbox but wasn't sure it sent

I totally agree with you. I also don't think IOS devices are the right tool for the job as android has deeper NFC and RFID capabilities
(RFID being a subset of the NFC standards).

As someone just said - cloning (ALONE) is not the ticket... but my samsung s9 can emulate RFID cards clone copy and write... my gut feeling is that there are 3 or variables stored in the key that use a basic format like RSS to define them... I don't know what the key variables are but I'm guessing something like :
$DeviceID="123456"
$Devname="namenamename"
$RFIDstandard="simple"

that we could simple compy and paste into the box in the RFID flasher app for writing to a card/key fob. This is the kind of stuff you get when you swipe magnetic stripe cards through readers. a few lines of the key stuff.

The dumps someone posted app screen caps of were interesting - but much was in hex or not shown. there's also the option of brute forcing the bluetooth PIN if you go the bluetooth route... or doing a sniff capture of what goes across the air when you use your app to pay for a normal ride or if we could get one of the Chinese or earl;y app versions in hand that works on the stock scooters so we could at least understand what its passing or requesting . Before the USA exclusive they were in app stores and on the company that made the app's website - as recent as 12 months ago.... my IOS devices still see apple app store listings (in europe) for iwalk apps that are no longer available.

I think the answer... if there is one possible... is not to just clone but clone the cards, understand whats on them and the syntax - and then replicate and write... aside from theunique # on the bluetooth board there's other unique identifiers for each scooter... if you turn it on holding down power button and brakes and not releasing you get a 4 digit code... if you hold it long enough. You may need to hold open throttle at same time I forget its been a month or two. Its kind of like how they reprogram some key remotes for cars - the smart keys like the BMW w battery and a device in the key base.... you have to do a convoluted sequence of real world input like unlock back left door the right then put in neutral tap brakes 3 times and the car will outp[ut the pairing code to the replacement key device. I learned about this while searching for an RFID copying app for this project... I came across a app in the play store that I thought was a master programmer or hack database for reprogramming keys - what it was was a list by make and year of physical steps to the hoke pokee for ear model. A text list - still very useful and interesting. It could be something simple like that - give it a shot trying different button presses and post if you get anything interesting.

GodSpeed- Hollister

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]