An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
By Freebird
:lol:
This little black box shown here:
Is this:
https://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-Waterpro ... B00L1G6GCS
They removed the magnets and attached to the bike with drywall screws :lol: One short drywall screw is inside the box and the longer one goes completely through the box to keep the lid "locked".

As you can see in the first picture, the sticker is peeled and showing the long screw. The GPS tracker is self-contained and NOT wired to the scooter. The reason the sticker is peeled is the battery on the SpyTec STI_GL300 only lasts a week between charges. Someone has to be constantly recharging these. Gus Fring would not approve.

Since the scooter has no internet connectivity, is it the customers bluetooth that is being used to unlock the device?
By David Banner
LAskooter213 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:29 am
I wouldn't bullshit ya. Its practically entrapment. motherf***ers in the hood are gonna be stealing these things by the dozen. Only thing they got going for them is that they are so ugly, people probably wont want em. But those batteries....man, they really need to invest in a decent lock cylinder instead of "loss prevention" personnel.....can you imagine......

"Hey come back here with that stupid little bike you crook!!!!"
they aren't really that ugly imo. I like them more than other bikes.

also their recovery team is decent.
By David Banner
Freebird wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:50 pm
:lol:
This little black box shown here:
Is this:
https://www.amazon.com/Spy-Tec-Waterpro ... B00L1G6GCS
They removed the magnets and attached to the bike with drywall screws :lol: One short drywall screw is inside the box and the longer one goes completely through the box to keep the lid "locked".

As you can see in the first picture, the sticker is peeled and showing the long screw. The GPS tracker is self-contained and NOT wired to the scooter. The reason the sticker is peeled is the battery on the SpyTec STI_GL300 only lasts a week between charges. Someone has to be constantly recharging these. Gus Fring would not approve.

Since the scooter has no internet connectivity, is it the customers bluetooth that is being used to unlock the device?
Yes bluetooth is what is used for the phone to communicate with the app and unlock it.
By LAskooter213
David Banner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:55 pm
LAskooter213 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:29 am
I wouldn't bullshit ya. Its practically entrapment. motherf***ers in the hood are gonna be stealing these things by the dozen. Only thing they got going for them is that they are so ugly, people probably wont want em. But those batteries....man, they really need to invest in a decent lock cylinder instead of "loss prevention" personnel.....can you imagine......

"Hey come back here with that stupid little bike you crook!!!!"
they aren't really that ugly imo. I like them more than other bikes.

also their recovery team is decent.
How does the recovery team go about recovering these things? Seems like a waste. Do they confront people on the street. sh*ts dangerous. At least around where I stay. Do they hop fences into peoples backyards or threaten to call police if people dont give up their wheels bike? I mean, I see children with these things, homeless with these things, I watch people pick batteries from them at night from my apartment window. How do you recover a stolen battery? You would need a search warrant! My girlfriends has a tweaker neighbor that has like 5-10 of them in the back of the apartment laundry room. Been there for at least 3 weeks now. And what if someone disassembles the bike...as people tend to do when trying to make something work for them? Do they recover the nuts and bolts also?

JUST MAKE THE BIKE HARDER TO STEAL, GUYS ! Fill the fastener recesses with silicone. Dont allow it to roll when not in use. Mount the GPS with something other than drywall screws! Or better yet...HIDE IT IN THE BIKE! No one want to break down the whole bike to search for a GPS and people will fear taking it with the gps active! . AND LOCK THE f**king BATTERY WITH A REAL LOCK. For fucks sake.
By LAskooter213
Anyway, if this recovery team IS actually decent, it kind of makes me want to hot wire a wheel bike and lead them on a painfully low speed pursuit down the alleyway and around the corner to the Vons parking lot...then do a big loop and head over the Target or Big Lots parking lot as fast as my Wheels bike can carry me and then double back to the alley and try to duck out through the hole in the hedges and head back home. If they catch me, then Ill call them decent. I wont be runnin very hard, they wont have the element of surprise....I dont even want the bike....what I want.... is for this to happen.....

https://youtu.be/_c9Y39wT0Ww

Wow! Magical! That lil motherf***er aint f**king around. He want a wheels bike he gettin it!
motherf***ers better hope I dont have my n*gga 'the extra testical' up in my basket or they NEVER gonna catch my f**king *ss!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha
By m4for4
Freebird wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 pm
@galstaf Im in the Perimeter area. No rentals here except for the strays that show up outside the Marta stations. There's lots of Wheels scooters around Midtown and Piedmont park. I saw a couple at Atlantic station today.

Im about to pull the trigger on a 2KW motor. I just need to figure out how legitimately to get a Wheels frame. Scootermap has helped me in finding strays out here in the wasteland. :lol:

Ever end up buying that motor? I'd love to rig one of these things up to use myself.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]