An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing the way we think about travel
By Tai The Guy
These might b the next project for sum1 to take a whack at. Powers on with no app interaction - horn & lights buttons both work b4 even downloading app.
Frame & neck have disabled folding components (might b smaller than a scooter once folded
Box on rear looks easily accessible...
i did not pull that sticker up. I did however move the cable off the back tire & put it back in that clip. Smh
By Freebird
  • 350w motor
    15.5mph top speed
    7.8 or 10.5 Ah battery options (48v)
    21-31 mile range depending on battery options
    14" wheels
    42 lbs weight
I want the frame to upgrade with 2000w 14" hub and larger batteries. :mrgreen:
By galstaf
Freebird wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:33 am
  • 350w motor
    15.5mph top speed
    7.8 or 10.5 Ah battery options (48v)
    21-31 mile range depending on battery options
    14" wheels
    42 lbs weight
I want the frame to upgrade with 2000w 14" hub and larger batteries. :mrgreen:
Hey Freebird... Have you seen many around in ATL? I saw them for a hot minute and then nothing since.
What area of town are you in?
By Freebird
@galstaf Im in the Perimeter area. No rentals here except for the strays that show up outside the Marta stations. There's lots of Wheels scooters around Midtown and Piedmont park. I saw a couple at Atlantic station today.

Im about to pull the trigger on a 2KW motor. I just need to figure out how legitimately to get a Wheels frame. Scootermap has helped me in finding strays out here in the wasteland. :lol:
By LAskooter213

Check out this craigslist ad. sh*t cracks me up.
So these geniuses come on the scene a couple years after Bird and Lime and dont bother to stop and take a look at the problems facing these other companies and try to remedy them. Well, I take it back....at least they didnt release a product that can be converted from rental to a personal scooter for $30.00....but thats ALL they did right. These fools just got fined for operating without a permit in Santa Monica ( sound familiar?), and they skimp BIG TIME on the security by releasing this gay little rental "bike" on to the gritty streets of Los Angeles...into the jaws of a city where the thieves have been sharpening their skills hacking Bird M365's and ES scooters.... So these fools toss this pipsqueak bike on our corners....a bike you can:

A) kick along freely, as the wheels do not lock when its not in use (every middle school kid and his buddies are riding them home from school and around on weekends...manually. Some times in tandem. Kids have endless energy and now they have a cool new toy...that rolls freely. Dumb.)

B)They attach a chinsey *ss gps module to the bike with 2 phillips head drywall screws (its just ASKING to be knocked off with a well placed kick. At least integrate it into the bike somehow! And drywall screws? This might sound a little "Hank Hill" of me but ....It just makes you look ignorant screwing drywall screws into metal. ugh.)

C) The f**king battery can be removed using a f**king popsicle stick for a key. C'mon. Worst lock ever. Its not even really a lock. (every f**king homeless person and drug addict is stealing these by the DOZEN and using the battery to spark their crack lighters and power the lights in their tents. They sell the rest of the batteries to guys like me for $3.00....which Im not upset about....but cmon...how can you just let it be so easy? You know the streets are full of thieves! And one guy can clean 50 bikes out of their batteries in under an hour! I watch this sh*t happen from my window!)

So now I see this stupid ad.
Wheels is now going to lose even MORE money by hiring repo men to go snatch their little b*tch bikes up from children and winos in the hood? Really? These shitty little bikes that are really only good for parts, that are gonna be hacked up anyways, without a battery and either from a drug addict or bum...who will just do it again,.......or from some ghetto kids yard where baby daddy and his 2 dobermans attack anything that enters the property. Great plan guys.

And the bikes are so ugly!

ugh.

just my thoughts. Thank you and God bless.
By Freebird
@LAskooter213 I shouldn't have doubted your expert analysis, but I decided to investigate a stray Wheels Scooter for myself.

Jumping Jesus on a Pogo stick...

The battery under the seat wasn't locked.
There's this teennsy little Pelican case box attached behind the seat that contains the GPS module. It's fastened to the scooter with drywall screws.
The fact that they are advertising on CL for loss prevention is a sign that they will not be in business next year.
By LAskooter213
I wouldn't bullshit ya. Its practically entrapment. motherf***ers in the hood are gonna be stealing these things by the dozen. Only thing they got going for them is that they are so ugly, people probably wont want em. But those batteries....man, they really need to invest in a decent lock cylinder instead of "loss prevention" personnel.....can you imagine......

"Hey come back here with that stupid little bike you crook!!!!"

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]