An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By humanbeing21
Well this question was good timing! :lol:

I’ve been fighting with this rivet all morning on the scooter I bought. A foldable neck is on the way from China and I was stuck on how to remove Bird’s collar.

Just to be clear, are we talking about this black rivet on the collar?
By Brighthammer
The rivet will be the end of me. Hardest thing to remove. I tried popping the head off, but the shaft just stays in. Tried drilling the remaining part but it just seems to reinforce the connection to the shaft. Worst case scenario, angle grinder and call it a day.

When you buy a auctioned scooter, you don't get any adapters that help you put air in the front tire. The standard tire valve is recessed and can't be inflated.
By lolohks
humanbeing21 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Well this question was good timing! :lol:

I’ve been fighting with this rivet all morning on the scooter I bought. A foldable neck is on the way from China and I was stuck on how to remove Bird’s collar.

Just to be clear, are we talking about this black rivet on the collar?
Got a kind of same shitty rivet. How did you remove it? I cutted the head but steal here :evil:
By jamiesj410
U can just drill it out then it will slide apart. The folding kits are junk it will make u super man 15 mph . Been there done that . I got one like bird on mine no more problems. I just zip tied a Allen wrench to the handle bar to loosen the bolts to put in in the trunk.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]