An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Help, tips, technique, and frequently asked questions.
By AntonEerik
Hello!

Recently I managed to fry my m365 pro controller pretty bad, the controller still works, but some mosfets and capacitors are blown as the motor does not freewheel when connected to the board.
So I ordered a new original controller and connected it to my scooter. Powered on with no errors, but would not exceed 12km/h in any mode. Also the brake light did not light up when braking, but was lit all the time on ECO and D for some reason.
Picture from the ad:

I thought it was some software error and as my previous software had increased top speed and I use additional battery then it needed to be flashed anyway. After flashing with scooterhackingutility the brake light did function as it should and different modes worked as well, but I kept getting error 21 "BMS communication error".
Tried reverting to original flash, but that didn't help anymore, the BMS version showed 0.0.0 and couldn't update it either.

Things I have tried so far:
Turning it on and off again- duh :D
Removing battery connectors
Resetting the battery via the button on the BMS
regular M365 original battery - still gives error 21
Flashing all original softwares through scooterhackingutility, down-g and xiaoflasher
Charging the battery with and without the controller
Battery cells are all equally charged

On further inspection the "new" board is v3.0 and my old one was v2.1, no idea what is the difference between them as I couldn't find any info on that. Also it seems that my old board is not original and is rather of chinese origin.
As my old controller still works, it shows no error when connected, but I just cannot use it to drive. And as another original battery from a working M365 gives the same error with only v3.0 board and my battery still takes charge in and gives it out, I can say that the BMS itself is ok and battery itself too. The BMS starts blinking fast green when both boards are connected like it would be communicating.
Pictures of the damage on the original v2.1:
Picture of the flash settings:
old v2.1 board versions:
new v3.0 board versions:

I've heard that pro 2 boards are different and somebody said that v3.0 cannot be downgraded, but cannot be sure. Also i've heard that there are different BMS versions with 1 and 2 fuses, could that be the case?

What should my next approach be?
Search for a v2.1 board?

Any advice is welcome.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]