An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Share your stories and adventures, good or bad.
By Orange
Anyone else have a run in with an aggressive charger?

This morning I was dropping off Birds and saw a few on the map that had sat out all night. When I got close to them and started to approach them another charger ran up and got all in my face shouting, pointing, saying these are his scooters. He then went on to threaten me saying he'll beat my *ss if I take his scooters. Obviously I let him have them since $30 is not worth a fist fight with a thug.
By Silver bird
Definitely not worth the energy.
I'm seeing more and more chargers it will probably get territorial in some areas. I've went into the ghetto but usually stay in a specific area and I leave early before the vultures start to circle and I have my six and leave. :D
By Louisvillegr
That is crazy!!! :o Did anyone have problems releasing Birds this morning? It was saying the Birds weren’t in my task and they were. I want to harvest tonight but I won’t b able to if they don’t clear my tasks. How long does it take them to correct errors like this?
By Darcness777
When I was out capturing scooters a week or so ago a $20 one was on a street in a sketchy side of town. It was sunday afternoon so I figured it was safe. Got our of my car to get the scooter and noticed a group of guys walking quickly towards me. So I jumped back in my car and got out of there! Maybe it was nothing but it got me paranoid enough to leave without my $20.
Louisvillegr wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:46 am
That is crazy!!! :o Did anyone have problems releasing Birds this morning? It was saying the Birds weren’t in my task and they were. I want to harvest tonight but I won’t b able to if they don’t clear my tasks. How long does it take them to correct errors like this?
That happens some times. Take a screenshot and send to bird support in the app. Keep sending it to them until they respond. You might want to go try releasing them again to. Maybe the app will be behaving now.
By surveyorandrew
All my experiences with other chargers have been great. Everyone is really friendly and we often have a nice conversation. Not sure what y’all are doing to have such trouble. Stay out of sketchy areas and wear a smile and y’all be fine.
By Koobdan
I had several experiences with agressive chargers. One came tomy house saying there was a scooter there that he needed to capture. Told him it was from a glitch in the app from a broken scooter and I released. The guy then told me hes going to report me to Bird and the police. WTF?
By Ben J
He then went on to threaten me saying he'll beat my *ss if I take his scooters. Obviously I let him have them since $30 is not worth a fist fight with a thug.
My buddy has a body camera when he goes out.
CCW also. He is determined to be wrong guy for a thug to attack.
I was waiting for 6 birds to change into charger mode at night. A guy in a truck pulled up and very aggressively told me that is his nest and only he can take them from here. I told him it is first come first capture, but would split them with him. He got in my face and told me no that he is taking them all. Told him take what he can get. Once they changed to charger mode I captured one and went to capture a second one and he tried to slap my phone out of my hand. I called him a F***in As***le.
He then tried to swing at me to hit me. Considering I do this just for extra pocket cash and run my own dojo, he ended up missing me.
I grabbed the one I had captured and started walking away and he grabbed it and yelled that it is his and tried to pull it out of my hands. During this whole exchange the gas station attendant had called the police and then pulled up. After talking to witnesses and me verifying it was mine bird I was taking I was let go and the officer stood there and I captured 3 more that neither of us had captured yet. They ended up detaining him and ticketing and towing his truck because he was driving on a suspended DL.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]