An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By Edmund
Kenshin088 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:08 pm
Is anyone able to pull the scooter codes? It was working for a while but now it's not working.
I haven't used the API in awhile and when going back to test today noticied I'm now receiving a 401 error.

@Nottinghaam do you know if Bird made a change to the access of the API?
By Kenshin088
Is there a more complete write-up on how to use all the different endpoints? The info on GitHub is very sparse and it isn't clear how to use some of the headers.

For example, say I got the token for bird/task...how do I use it? What goes after bird/task? Need more info on the API parameter post type.
By Edmund
There isn’t a public API for Bird. Unfortunately the github write up is all I’ve been able to find. You can use the token to send a location request to find Birds available to riders. I was never able to get the charger side of the API to work due to never being able to get my charger token.
By druinthor
It would be great if they’d make a public supported API for us to use. Maybe I’ll be day...
By Kenshin07
Anyone know how to use this endpoint?

/task/complete

It says the 'body' cannot be empty but idk what to put there. Does this show me a list of completed birds?
By Offroad
@Nottinghaam it appears Bird has implemented certificate pinning... can you (or anyone) confirm?
By imxvii
Yes they did. If you have rooted device with xposed you can bypass.
Scooter map seemed to suck for me, so I wrote my own map:

http://home.dabbr.com (LA focused right now)

It's hacky code just for me and one area, but that's only because I've had no reason to change it. I get a lot more info than ScooterMap, and I decoded a lot of things that tell me a scooter isn't there any more and I take it off the map or replace it with a cute ghost (ghost usually means someone has taken a scooter prisoner)

Also features:
-Ride photos
-Bypasses obfuscation of codes and identifiers
-Shows TASKS and RIDES and UNLISTED scooters (e.g. debug mode scooters)
-Scooters that are sitting around unlocked not captive!
-Shows captive scooters in cages
-Shows new scooters as chickens hatching from eggs
-Lots of filters at the top, could be as complex as queries and filters and notifications as you want
-Notifications
-Capture & ride from the map without ever using the spies-on-your-every-move-in-background app

If there was genuine interest I could develop it further or put it on Github. The hard work is done.

Bird API is trivial and very poor privacy.

For gateway errors, please migrate from api.bird.co use api.birdapp.com or api-preflight.birdapp.com api.stage.birdapp.com or api.dev.birdapp.com - the latter are running older copies of the database

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]