An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Fly with the flock
By jay123101

Hello,

I've been looking across the forum all day and I haven't been able to find the gps tracker for this scooter. The bird scooter I got at an auction is like the one in the picture (ninebot es4) and it has a dashboard with a screen that shows your speed.

I know the gps is usually in the rectangular box that you scan to activate the scooter, or in the white box in the front of the scooter. However, this type of bird scooter doesn't have either of those.

I opened the scooter up, exposing the dashboard (I ordered a new OEM one) and the control board, but I still haven't found it.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
By Tuco1
jay123101 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello,

I've been looking across the forum all day and I haven't been able to find the gps tracker for this scooter. The bird scooter I got at an auction is like the one in the picture (ninebot es4) and it has a dashboard with a screen that shows your speed.

I know the gps is usually in the rectangular box that you scan to activate the scooter, or in the white box in the front of the scooter. However, this type of bird scooter doesn't have either of those.

I opened the scooter up, exposing the dashboard (I ordered a new OEM one) and the control board, but I still haven't found it.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Could you send a photo of dashboard of auction scooter?
By jay123101
Tuco1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:20 am
jay123101 wrote:

Hello,

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

It actually came without a dashboard, but the Birds that did have the dashboards instead of the boxes were very similar to the ninebot dashboards. I think the only difference was that it didn't have a power button and just a screen. My specific scooter has the exact cables for a dashboard and doesn't show any signs of there being the big rectangular box that many birds have on the top
By Tuco1
jay123101 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 am
Tuco1 wrote:
jay123101 wrote:

Hello,

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

It actually came without a dashboard, but the Birds that did have the dashboards instead of the boxes were very similar to the ninebot dashboards. I think the only difference was that it didn't have a power button and just a screen. My specific scooter has the exact cables for a dashboard and doesn't show any signs of there being the big rectangular box that many birds have on the top
green 5-pin connector or blue 4-pin connector?
By jay123101
Tuco1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:23 pm
jay123101 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 am
Tuco1 wrote:

green 5-pin connector or blue 4-pin connector?
I have attached a picture of how it came and it shows the wiring as well.
By Sc00tr
On those scooters that place on the top where the wires/dashboard is where the GPS unit most often resides. It's very likely that the GPS unit has already been removed.
By jay123101
Tuco1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:31 pm
There you see throttle wired, brake wires and light wires. There are missing wires for the dashboard
The blue connector cable is on the scooter rod right now, I just disconnected it so I could transport the handle easily. Did you need to see that cable for gps?

Really appreciate your replies!
By Ricky8312
I hade a question if I found a bird scooter with a GPS box at the top and removed the hole box replacing it with a new dash that I will get off Ebay will it work or will need to take that in which I beleave is called the control board under the battery or wat please let me know it's the es2

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]