An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By M20001
Hello,

If someone has news about hacking the COM-BOX (Black box behind the green cover on the front of the scooter) of the Lime Gen3, please post it here. We know that the box has a green diag connector, but it seems nobody knows how to use this connector. I think we should take research in finding out how to get in communication with the COM-BOX, if we can configure the box, it would be eventually possible to unlock/lock the personal Lime Scooter over a self written APP.
By eyesack
I spent today playing with a black box, and have found a little bit of info that hasn't been posted yet. The USB interface that is part of the unused debug connector is a Qualcomm qdl interface for the modem chip that the controller is based on. It theoretically can be used to dump the contents of the eMMC on the device, but I was unsuccessful in doing so. I think I may have more success on a Linux device so tomorrow I'll hook it up to my work machine. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it the protocol is Qualcomm Sahara and the device ID is 05c6
By Jose Cuervco
Any updates?
eyesack wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:35 pm
I spent today playing with a black box, and have found a little bit of info that hasn't been posted yet. The USB interface that is part of the unused debug connector is a Qualcomm qdl interface for the modem chip that the controller is based on. It theoretically can be used to dump the contents of the eMMC on the device, but I was unsuccessful in doing so. I think I may have more success on a Linux device so tomorrow I'll hook it up to my work machine. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it the protocol is Qualcomm Sahara and the device ID is 05c6
By harry2cool
A-Emilee wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:27 pm
I have successfully reverse-engineered the communication of controller and display and created a replacement for the iot with a custom app.
I put it all on github https://github.com/A-Emile/Lime_Gen3_IoT_Replacement
Hi...

Bro I've been following your Github for the past few months. The last file was published two months ago. Is the work complete from your side? Is the project mature enough to be tested? If yes, I'll buy a ESP32 controller immediately. Are there any major bugs?

Are you still working on it to make it 100% working?

Sorry for a lot of questions.... I admire what you've been trying to do. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]