An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By id5020
Hey,
I would like to present you a completely different approach than flashing and using a third-party motor controller.
My idea is to simply replace the green box that is responsible for locking and unlocking. If we do it right, even the screen functionality might be kept.
So far I have connected an Arduino Nano to the RX/TX UART Ports of the Motor Controller, as described by M20001 (thanks again!). When starting up the motor controller, it instantly starts sending bytes to the Arduino: Unfortunately, I don't even know the baud rate that should be used for communication. So I've tested several common rates and attached the results as an excel file (values are hex-representation). The higher baud rates are probably wrong, since the program then only receives 2-3 different values. The lower baud rates have higher variety.
But even now, all baud rates show a pattern: After a while, the controller sends only one byte that is usually zero (depending on baud rate). Maybe we can find even more patterns and crack the code. For starters, the correct baud rate should be found.
After that, we can start to find out which values can be mapped to which functions (eg. third byte of each status packet is speed).
Attachments
(16.41 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
By Apapos
I know 2y passed...but did you finish your project? Could you recommend any controller for 3gen? I don't have green box so I have to rewire everything ... thanks
By memetrader
Doing the same with an arduino mega, new software patched the old posted enable codes. Only ones that work are enable light and read FW. BAUD rate is 9600, use about a 400ms Serail.setTimeout to catch packets with Serial.readBytes(). Any new codes or FW rollbacks?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]