An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By ScooterScammy
Johnny05 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:00 pm
I really like how you evolved to get it done and the result is not to shabby.
The best part I would say is the fact that you dint have a bulky box with the controller on the outside.
The color of the spray paint would not be my first choice :p but the way you've done it looks fine.
Haha it looks great in sunlight, the all black, I can tell people it's a stealth lime :p

Yeah gutted all the communications, and the controller fits basically in the same area as the original, so it all zips up quite nicely. Tempted to test the 35 mile range at some point....
By Madyicstik
ScooterScammy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:15 pm
As mentioned, here's my final version a bit of background:

1. Lime left our city this November, I was a participant and both rode and charged them for fun after work hours.
2. A few scooters were abandoned and left for auction, which I acquired for a small fee.
3. They were all Gen 3 and had only been on the streets a 2-3 months max, what a waste
4. I took it home and began researching how to enable it after I found it was 100% functioning
5. Lime was no help at all (of course)

So Began my 3 week project.

1. Bought the tools for Torx and took it apart (had a great difficult time removing one of the central bolts in the neck, I had to actually drill it out and re-threat the hole, this was the most painful process)
2. Studied how to remove the software/hardware
3. Bought an ST-Link V2 and learned how to flash firmware
4. Learned how to Solder a PCB and wires
5. After I realized there was some software gap in knowledge, I gave up on hacking/unlocking the original components (I mean until we can re-program them with custom firmware), and bought an amazon key ignition and 350w Controller for like 50 USD total.
6. Installed everything with my newly acquired Soldering skills
7. Researched painting cars
8. Painted an all-black + holographic paint job
9. It's not perfect but it works incredibly well, and looks great, now if anything breaks down I have the skill set to swap out a component.

Here's the pictures from my process:
Began stripping some elements down
Began by trying to figure out what was left:

Left the 2.8 LCD display on for someday in the future (and because it looks appropriate) but added the LED Panel that displays the voltage level (42.0 is max) 34V = basically dead and 36V = about 50% remaining while resting. So it's sort of a throttle speed/battery indicator. New appreciation for how devices determine battery %..

Street look on its first run!
Contains the end result paint, was a bit tricky for a novice to pull off.

Learned a lot of useful skills in this process, feel like I could repair a car now or make a drone.
did you have any issue where when you throttle from dead stop, the motor makes noise and you have to kick before it accelerates?
By ScooterScammy
Madyicstik wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:28 am
ScooterScammy wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:15 pm
did you have any issue where when you throttle from dead stop, the motor makes noise and you have to kick before it accelerates?
Nope, but I think it's probably hard on the motor to start it from a dead stop, so I try not to. And the motor with the chinese controller is a bit louder (kind of a higher pitched accelerating sound). I don't mind it at all actually, I live in NYC area so having something that makes a lot of unique noise when you are accelerating is actually a net benefit. It's not crazy loud anywya...
By Phil88
Hi guys, I know that this post is old but I was wondering if @ScooterScammy ScooterScammy can share the wiring diagram to the 350w Controller from Amazon.

Thanks

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]