An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
By misterlo
Hello, I'm looking for a solution to install a controller on a GEN3 LIME with 3 for the hall (black / red / white)
The controllers I find are generally with 5 wires for the hall (BLACK / RED / hall A / hall B / hall C).
How can I do to properly wire the motor with a 5 wires controller hall ?

Thanking you for your help

By M20001
Hello,

The Lime Gen3 has no hall. The three thin wires are help phases no hall sensors. Look here for the unlocked version of
the Lime Gen3 original controller software or buy a controller without hall sensors.
By misterlo
After wiring the controller with the ST-LINK, I encounter a dialog error with the STVP software.
Should the controller be plugged into the scooter or is my ST-LINK a good version?

By M20001
Hello,

You have to leave the controller connected to the scooter. Then plug a charger on the charging connector on the scooter.
After you done that, retry
By misterlo
Hello,

I tested with all of the connected electronics, same message.
Does the scooter display no longer light up?

I still have to test with the battery charger, unfortunately I just ordered it from an online store.
I will not fail to inform you of the result.

Otherwise in case it does not work, would you have a link to advise me on the purchase of a controller with LCD without hall effect?

Thanking you for your help.
By ScooterScammy
misterlo wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:42 pm
Hello,

I tested with all of the connected electronics, same message.
Does the scooter display no longer light up?

I still have to test with the battery charger, unfortunately I just ordered it from an online store.
I will not fail to inform you of the result.

Otherwise in case it does not work, would you have a link to advise me on the purchase of a controller with LCD without hall effect?

Thanking you for your help.

Just started this myself, I will update shortly. I took out the original controller and will try to hack it, if i Cannot, then I'll revert to a VESC off ebay or ali-baba and try again in Jan.
By ScooterScammy
Here's my update:

1. Bought the scooter legally at a police auction after Lime abandoned our city.
2. After charging it, there was no way to unlock it
3. Lime seemed to turn off and has not been able to be turned back on without beeping.
4. I opened it up and flashed the controller with the 25kmh hex file gen3 unlocked successfully (a lot of work).
5. Now the back brake light comes on, but if i try to ride it, the light turns off and no throttle is engaged.
6. Not sure what to proceed with, the display isn't working

My questions,
1. DO I try a different hex file now that I've flashed the chip successfully?
2. DO I need to connect the wires in a certain order to get the display working?
3. I removed the SIM, do i need to reinstall it? Is that a good idea? (Green box works fine, or at least, it was earlier)
4. About out of ideas trying to get the native controller and tech to work, might just throw it all out and get a VESC controller and a new throttle....wish I knew assembly language, oh well.
By M20001
Hello,

The reason why i always say keep the original controller is, that the original controller is ways better than the cheap chinese
controllers. The original controller has 32 bit MCU 120a MOSFET from ST better MOSFET drivers usw. You say that the screen of the scooter stays blank. Did you have succes with flashing the 25 kmh hex?
Can you take some pictures from the scooter after you flashed it with my software?
I hope lime has no "remote destroying system" in their scooters if this is the case it is possible that they
locked the green box permanently before leave your city, so it can be possible that the scooter does not work anymore. The scooter needs the green box to work it controlls the display and the led bar on the handlebar. It is not needed to have a SIM
card in the green box the box works without SIM. Is it possible that you damaged the box by removing the SIM?
By ScooterScammy
A little backstory.

When I got the scooter, it was completely dead, i took it home and charged it, there was no indication of life at all, then after charging it to 3%. The scooter:
1. Beeped positive for unlocking (but it wasn't unlocked).
2. Display was active and showed remaining charge to 100%
3. Said "scan for unlock" so scooter was probably locked at that stage?
4. I unplugged the greenbox, and the display went blank, it has not turned on SINCE. I replugged the greenbox back in, and it stayed blank.
5. YES I successfully flashed the 25kmh unlocked gen3 hex file! After that, the only indication that it was alive, was that the back brake light worked (it is on steady now when the scooter is plugged into the charger, and up to a few turns after I unplug it, it WORKS --- I squeeze the brake handle and the light gets brighter red!
6. After I unplug the charge cord, the scooter brake light stays on until I move the wheel a lot, and that point it shuts down.

Everything seems to be functioning I think so far, nothing seems busted/broken, I just think there's a certain order you have to connect things, like the battery, charger, motor controller etc? Or I need new software....open to ideas, I was thinking to flash each version and see how the scooter is in different states, and maybe make sure all the wires (including greenbox) are all connected. I was even thinking about putting the SIM back in.

I'll be back in a few days to discuss and provide some photos.

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]