An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
M20001 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:03 pm
Hello,

Have you disconnected the green box from its backup battery? Disconnect the green box from the backup battery and
disconnect the main battery, then reconnect both. Would be interesting if the error is gone then.
I have disconnected the backup battery yes. I cutted the wire. can try to reconnect it.
you mean disconnect the main battery from the green box or from the controller?
From the controller, the controller generates the power for the green box too.
The question is, if there are any Lime G3 who have different hardware or green box software, this can be the abnswer to the
question why it does work with some scooters, and with some not.
Looks like in France you can can find different lime gen3. About looks anyway. Some have cylinder junction member just like any other lime, some have a square junction member like the tank electrisan. Some could be retrofit with a folding device.
So I connected via ST-Link to the motor controller following the instructions by M20001 today and got the "Device is protected" error from the ST Programmer tool.

In the tutorial for reading you said, I need to connect a charger beforehand. So I tried multiple combinations of connecting charger and/or battery and the ST-Link to the controller but without success. The green box was already disconnect beforehand.

As far as I understand, once a STM32 chip is locked, it will stay locked forever. So, seems like there are some Gen3 Scooters with locked microcontroller on the motor controller.
Hello,

No it does not stay locked forever, you have to remove the protection with the STVisual programmer, go into st visual programmer and then click on the tab "OPTION BYTES" then enter in the line "VALUE:" FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
then go back to the tab "Program memory" and try to erase and then program the chip. That should work.
Thank you! I managed to remove the write protection using STM32 ST-Link Utility and successfully flashed your file. Voila: The red light on back of the scooter went bright. The scooter doesn't work yet though. If I push the lever with my thumb, nothing happens. :(

EDIT: I just noticed the red led of on the motor controller board is flashing 7 times, then pauses.
Hello,

Tried to push the scooter first with your foot forward, then press the accelerator? The scooter has no hall sensors so cannot start its motor from zero. The led blinks, thats normal, i have actually not found out for what the led is made, in a normal case the led should be useless for lime in case of error finding because the controller is potted.
dedishi wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Thank you! I managed to remove the write protection using STM32 ST-Link Utility and successfully flashed your file. Voila: The red light on back of the scooter went bright. The scooter doesn't work yet though. If I push the lever with my thumb, nothing happens. :(

EDIT: I just noticed the red led of on the motor controller board is flashing 7 times, then pauses.
I am still stuck on that point. I have some ideas for this week in mind. Maybe there is a way to hard reset that damn thing. I will keep you updated.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]