An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Enjoy the juice
Okay, look if you really have connected the cables all properly, if we are unlucky they are able to permanently disable the
green box from remote, it looks like this. I never heared from such a case like yours until now all scooters start if you have
connected all properly but how i said i do not hope that lime is able to "destroy" the green box over remote.
In this case we have to find a way to flash the box with a working frimware like the motor controller, but i do not know if and
how its possible to read out or flash the green box. The black box inside the green case has three connectors, only two are connected in the scooter, so i think the third one is a diagnostic port, but i do not know with what protocol and how we can communicate with the box.
Ok I'm going to flash it one last time with EVERYTHING connected and turned on as much as possible.

My process was.

1. Buy scooter
2. Take home and take apart Greenbox
3. Remove Sim and re-attach/connect Greenbox
4. Plug in charge cable (the battery was 100% dead).
5. The LCD did power on, and began charging, however the device was locked (and I hadn't taken apart the motor controller yet to flash it).
6. I did a test unplug of the greenbox while it was turned on, that seemed to mess up the state......I didn't break anything, as I was able to run the greenbox just fine after I opened it up. However, once I unplugged it while connected, it never worked again when I re-connected :(
Back from a little vacation and I’ve successfully converted the lime 3.0 to a personal. I had to use the aforementioned motor controller and throttle with the key ignition off Amazon but that did the trick. I learned how to sold her everything together and I kept the original parts in case we do figure out the firmware software for the controller and communications black box/green box. Here’s the finished prototype before I customize it. I got to say I think it runs a little bit faster than the usual version and the three speed that I get with the throttle and controller really work well for this you just want to make sure you don’t Rev up from nothing I think that’s a good way to burn out the motor.

When I initially plugged in the controller it was reversed so I had to use intelligent sensor connection to reverse the motor and also it’s a really loud guys......not super loud but it’s much louder than the stock controller from lime. I don’t really wanna waste my time trying to sync up everything and fine-tune it because I think I’d have to install extra sensors like the “HALL” sensor people talk about and I just can’t go through that hassle right now, I have a working long battery fairly fast scooter that’s built like a tank.

:D
ScooterScammy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:28 am
<...>When I initially plugged in the controller it was reversed so I had to use intelligent sensor connection to reverse the motor and also it’s a really loud guys......not super loud but it’s much louder than the stock controller from lime. I don’t really wanna waste my time trying to sync up everything and fine-tune it because I think I’d have to install extra sensors like the “HALL” sensor people talk about and I just can’t go through that hassle right now, I have a working long battery fairly fast scooter that’s built like a tank. <...>
- To change the rotation you just need to flip 2 of the 3 Motor Wires
- The loud noise has little to nothing to do with the "missing" hall sensors.
- The sound is coming from the way the Motor controller is switching the current through the motor.
Cheap CN controller are using very simple BLDC (Trapezoidal) controll pattern. The Lime controller and other more expensive controller are using FOC pattern witch is closer to a Sinus Wave form and much more quite and more efficient
ScooterScammy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:49 pm
Ok I'm going to flash it one last time with EVERYTHING connected and turned on as much as possible.

My process was.

1. Buy scooter
2. Take home and take apart Greenbox
3. Remove Sim and re-attach/connect Greenbox
4. Plug in charge cable (the battery was 100% dead).
5. The LCD did power on, and began charging, however the device was locked (and I hadn't taken apart the motor controller yet to flash it).
6. I did a test unplug of the greenbox while it was turned on, that seemed to mess up the state......I didn't break anything, as I was able to run the greenbox just fine after I opened it up. However, once I unplugged it while connected, it never worked again when I re-connected :(

EXACTLY the same happend to me. Black screen and no motor runnin even after a successfully flashed the board.
Last edited by Benni069 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benni069 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm

EXACTLY the same happend to me. Black screen and no motor runnin even after a successfully flashed the board.

We are missing some information on how it works Communications+Motor controller commands etc, I think that's to blame, anyway I didn't want a hacked lime, I just wanted a scooter for a discounted price (auction + a bit of time/cost for a project). So I installed the cheap Chinese controller + throttle, and repainted it all. Success. I'll do a separate post on my experience, I never have done anything like this before, and in the process I learned some fun skills:
1. How to re-thread bolts and reconstruct a scooter
2. How to solder a PCB chip
3. How to re-program or "flash" hardware via ST-Link with your own state
4. How to use spray paint to successfully create a decent level of paint job similar to a car paint job (I'm still not satisfied with the result, but it looks good).
ScooterScammy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 am
Benni069 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm

We are missing some information on how it works Communications+Motor controller commands etc, I think that's to blame, anyway I didn't want a hacked lime, I just wanted a scooter for a discounted price (auction + a bit of time/cost for a project). So I installed the cheap Chinese controller + throttle, and repainted it all. Success. I'll do a separate post on my experience, I never have done anything like this before, and in the process I learned some fun skills:
1. How to re-thread bolts and reconstruct a scooter
2. How to solder a PCB chip
3. How to re-program or "flash" hardware via ST-Link with your own state
4. How to use spray paint to successfully create a decent level of paint job similar to a car paint job (I'm still not satisfied with the result, but it looks good).

Probably I’m goin to do the same.
But i still have one question:
Did you try to flash the board with a connected charger too? I’m not sure whether this is a good idea or not.
Last edited by Benni069 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah I did, that didn't seem to matter a whole lot.

Basically plugging the charger in seemed to "activate" it, but as soon as I started moving the bike, and tried the throttle or break, it would quickly de-activate. I'm not sure what the throttle unlock trigger is, but the flashed hex file that M20001 doesn't seem to contain the right code to unlock everything, it has to be some kind of different state, or needs confirmation, which if the communication green box doesn't have, won't work.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]